• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shrapnal

Shrapnal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Love fishing, camping, and soon will be out hunting. :)

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

went out looking for beavers, darn, things are making quite a mess. didn't see any beavers, but I found my first shed. a 3 point whitetail. the G2 tine forks which I thought was a little weird, but that's mother nature. he should be a decent size come fall. would be awesome if i saw him. lost my sunglasses, which sucks, but I found a shed. my husband and boy walked right over it. I got a picture but kit was on my husbands phone and it didn't go to the memory card, and can't send it by text. we'll figure it out.

hope everyone is doing good. will be back another time, when i have more time.

tc all, and have a marvelous Monday!!!!!

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

You're doing better than me on sheds, LOL congrats.
Semper Fi

#3 Shrapnal

Shrapnal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

hey, Terry, you'll find yours yet. as long as your out lookin' for them.

YAY!!!!! fishing season opens here tomorrow, already booked time off from work to get out. hoping we have better luck this year.

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

Shrapnal good luck with the fishing, it's really starting to heat up here, too bad I start call tomorrow, so no fishing for me for another 9 or 10 days...... What species do you primarily chase? Mine have to be Appaloosa(flathead) , blue and channel catfish...
Semper Fi

#5 Shrapnal

Shrapnal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

we mainly fish northern pike, walleye and pickeral. some of the lakes are stocked with trout but, I've never fished them. unfortunately, we can't get out till the middle of the month. Those darn beavers really made a mess of our trail. would need a good days work with the chainsaw to clean it up. grrrrr. I booked off a couple days from work, so by the time I'm on the water I can totally relax and enjoy. I'm getting excited just typing about it. lol

#6 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:02 AM

Any luck on thinning out the beavers? Hopefully you can thin them enough that the trail doesn't get messed up again.
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users