• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:14 PM

I've been using the same Fletchunter release for over 20yrs. Been very satisfied with it and quite successful. This is a durable no nonsense release that seems impossible to wear out. I've used it on bows turned up to 92lbs with no problems.

So why consider anything else?
Originally the Fletchunter was designed for as an "Under" the arrow release. For the past couples years I have been using it on a string loop. It works but it's a little tricky to get on the loop. Also the release noise is a little louder than I would like.

I finally got "permission" :rolleyes: to get a new release. So I chose the Carter Quickie.

Major Pluses

1. No velcro!!! Yeah! I positively hate velcro on a hunting release. It always ends up being noisy. Velcro slipping at full draw when you're on a game animal is a huge bummer!! I highly approve of a buckle and strap for a hunting release. Thank you Forrest!

2. Open Jaw hook. Super easy to get on a loop. Very fast a very quiet. No chance, you will make an alarming "CLICK" getting this release on the loop.

3. Adjustable trigger travel. Honestly, out of the box this is as sensitive as I want it. Very crisp no creep trigger.

4. Absolutely one of the quietest releases I've ever shot. I was concerned it wouldn't be that way because the release resets itself after every shot. But honestly this thing is quiet.

One Minus

Sometimes the release doesn't reset after a shot. No biggy just pull the trigger and it's set again. I suspect this issue will eventually vanish after enough shots. Time will tell.

In conclusion,

As far as I'm concerned this release wins the gold medal for a simple quiet hunting release. For hunting with a string loop, I don't know of any release that would be better.
Posted Image

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:49 PM

Carter quickie

Leo here is the website for someone here to see what it looks like and Carter makes it in quickie 1, and a 1 plus, and quckie 2, 2 plus version.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 14 July 2006 - 02:41 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:13 PM

It appears the leather buckle strap is available for all Carter Wrist style releases.

It didn't use to be an option. Bravo to Carter for adding it. The velcro only option was certainly a factor for me not getting one of these releases sooner.

Thanks for posting the link Rowdy.

Here's a picture from that site.

The Quickie IPosted Image

Edited by Leo, 12 July 2006 - 03:15 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:32 PM

You can't go wrong with a Carter. Good choice Leo.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:35 PM

Only really one thing I don't like about it...
Over time, the bungee wears out making automatic closure fail.
(In my mind, automatic closure isn't even necessary. But, it irks me when something doesn't quite "work right".)

Other than that, it's awesome. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:15 PM

Only really one thing I don't like about it...
Over time, the bungee wears out making automatic closure fail.
(In my mind, automatic closure isn't even necessary. But, it irks me when something doesn't quite "work right".)

Other than that, it's awesome. :)

Yes Jeremiah I was looking at that little "bungie" and wondering how long it would hold up.

Honestly, doesn't look that difficult to replace. I don't even think you have to disassemble the release to do it either. ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users