Any Input?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

Anyone ever use this stuff on a treestand?
http://www.lancaster...409iidgo8671nb5

In particular I'm wondering about things like...
- How well it holds up.
- Whether it actually silences metal on metal contact.
- If it is slippery and/or noisy when damp and/or cold.
and anything else pertinent.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:07 AM

Boy Jere sims is rather tight lipped about this product. I went to the sims website but even there they don't explain much at all about this product. I haven't seen this before and found they have two of these products, the one you mentioned and one listed as automotive.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

Reading over what is here and on other websites it's a "rubberized" coating.... which leads me to believe it's an aerosol version of something similar to the rhinoliner truck bed ccoatings.. That being the case, it might be quite effective at reducing noise. At $19.00 it seems like it's worth a shot. I've had very good luck with products from Sims so I'm inclined to believe they have good products. I've got one of the original S-coils and it still works great, and has no damage whatsoever, despite being on my bow for almost 6 years. My limbsavers that have been on this bow for just as long are the same way. If it's from Sims I don't think you'll be throwing money away.

Silent Armor

This is a link to the site that gave me the most info.....

Edited by TerryfromAR, 14 May 2011 - 08:40 AM.
Adding Link

Semper Fi

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:39 AM

I'd test it on a small hidden area first just to be sure it will adhere well. Aluminum especially is resistant to bonding with coatings.

If it is truly like spray on bedliners like Terry suggests it will be slick as a greased banana peels when wet. Perhaps sifting some sand on it before it fully cures would work. Some experimentation on some test surfaces with using it would be wise ;)
Posted Image

#5 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

Leo I think I'm gonna order a can just to see what it's like because I'm REALLY curious now..... I would think it's like the spray on liners, but being from sims, I'm just curious if the "rubberized might be referring to a substance more like the sims vibration dampening rubber that they use for the limbsavers and the S-coil....... hmmmmm EXPERIMENTATION AWAITS!!!! Less than $20 I'll give it a go.
Semper Fi

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

Sounds interesting. Let us know what ya think Terry.

#7 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

Jer, I have been in the HVAC industry for over 25 yrs. now and I have used a rubberized product for coating condensate pans to silence any metal to metal I have on my stands. Sounds like almost the same stuff. I can buy that product for around 4 bucks a can. What is the cost of this new product? Never mind. I see the price

Edited by sschneid73, 15 May 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#8 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

Jer, I just noticed it is on sale for $9.99 on the link Terry put up.

#9 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:59 AM

J if you select the part number it's down to $6.99 now..... hmmmm by the time I order it, it might be down to $1 LOL

Edited by TerryfromAR, 17 May 2011 - 06:01 AM.

Semper Fi

#10 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

http://www.plastidip...ions/Plasti_Dip Been on the chain on my treestand for last 8 years. Wears like iron. Not slippery when wet. Can get it at most Hardware stores or Fleet Farm, Walmart/. K-.mart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users