New Camo

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

Well all got some new camo today for my kids. So without further delay, here is my daughter in her FIRST camo... PRETTY IN PINK!!!!

Posted Image

And my son in his latest camo...... My Young Buck!
Posted Image
Semper Fi

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

:D :clap:

But, hey, I gotta say thanks to you and Brandon for making me feel old. I swear when this all started Brandon wasn't much older than that himself. Neither were you. :P
Now, you've both got kids of your own. I'm just glad that it's actually everyone else getting older around me while I stay the same age.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

Jere, I don't think you have too much time in on me...... I'm 30 bubba...... LOL I just started late. My boy is pumped for hunting this year(don't worry I know at 3 he's gonna be all over the blind and making a whole lot of noise, but I believe in starting the fire early LOL) and he's steadily asking to go fishing. It's good being daddy. LOL or atleast it is for me.

Edited by TerryfromAR, 21 May 2011 - 10:38 PM.

Semper Fi

#4 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

My son's first camo pictures were the day he was born. Now he's almost 2 running around holding his elbow of one arm with his opposite hand and pulling it back towards him like it's recoiling (his gun) going, "Bird! Pow! Deer! Pow!" It's a shame I don't even have a place to take him hunting anymore. He apparently enjoys it enough already to play like that all the time so maybe one day I'll be able to take him hunting again. :D By the way, thanks for sharing the pictures! Never too soon to get them started.

BT
BrandonT

#5 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

Brandon, bout time you stopped in...... Missed ya bubba..... You'll have to get you a lease soon, or look up some public land near you. Starting kids off early is the best way to keep them from getting into things they don't need to get into.
Semper Fi

#6 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Yeah. I have been a little too busy between working and just bought a house so we are trying to fix it all up. You know how all of that goes. Any how, I'll try to stop by a little more again. Just glad some people rememeber me! LOL.
BrandonT

#7 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have many, Firearms, reloading, Air Rifles, striving for accuracy too, Scopes, target & tactical shooting, being a Dedicated Marksman. Archery [a long time ago], Dry Fly fishing, backpacking and wilderness camping [a while in the past, went through Boy Scouts. Very Patriotic and Conservative, no military service due to a very bad auto accident in 1965, more than willing to take up Arms in defense of this Great Nation if the need arises]! Photography, sports cars, leaning toward a truck or suv for the comfort. And last but not least is the shared experiences on the forum!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

To Terry, Brandon & Jermiah,

Having children is a precious thing and I know your good parents especially being actively involved with them like Terry was saying about taking his son hunting, I'm sure he'll remember these times for the rest of his life so go for it! There nothing like a father and son getting out together, I know as I was lucky enough to have many great times with my Dad, God rest his soul, I do miss him even at 65.

I don't have any children and it's too late too try and start now, just the way life turned out, but having gone all through Boy Scouts & acheiving Eagle as well as being an assistant Scout Master and taking the five boys backpacking in the past, I now would enjoy helping other young guys to learn to shoot and get familiar with the out of doors as well as many others activities.

I think the outdoors, shooting, hunting, fishing, backpacking and/or camping really helps to broaden a young mans perspective enabling him to view life with more open eyes as it trains them to think and be aware of various things rather than taking to much for granted.

Terry, I would imagine that being a Marine you might be well versed in any number of field expertise that you can pass along to your son when the time is right which he will appreciate I'm sure. My Dad was in both the Army and the Navy and he taught me many things too, he made expert in the Army shooting a 30-06, I believe it was, and taught me how to shoot and gave me pointers about finding the most natural position to shoot from for the best accuracy. I envy you so cherish the time spent with your son and daughter along with the rest of you guys too with your children

Thumbs Up to Ya!

Edited by FtHillSnipe, 06 July 2011 - 02:19 AM.

I'm a very firm believer in Gun Control!!
You and you alone are the only one that should be in control of your Guns!!

#8 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:20 AM

FtHill, my experience in the Marines taught me alot, but I've been hunting and fishing my whole life. Since even before I can remember. I have a picture of myself at about my son's age at deer camp with a pop gun on sling over my shoulder. I think the outdoors is ingrained in my DNA. LOL So it's just natural that my son would take an interest in it as well. You said your Dad made expert shooting a 30-06, quite possibly it was the M1918 BAR or the M1 Garand, but depending on when he was in it could have been the Enfield as well....
Semper Fi

#9 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have many, Firearms, reloading, Air Rifles, striving for accuracy too, Scopes, target & tactical shooting, being a Dedicated Marksman. Archery [a long time ago], Dry Fly fishing, backpacking and wilderness camping [a while in the past, went through Boy Scouts. Very Patriotic and Conservative, no military service due to a very bad auto accident in 1965, more than willing to take up Arms in defense of this Great Nation if the need arises]! Photography, sports cars, leaning toward a truck or suv for the comfort. And last but not least is the shared experiences on the forum!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

FtHill, my experience in the Marines taught me alot, but I've been hunting and fishing my whole life. Since even before I can remember. I have a picture of myself at about my son's age at deer camp with a pop gun on sling over my shoulder. I think the outdoors is ingrained in my DNA. LOL So it's just natural that my son would take an interest in it as well. You said your Dad made expert shooting a 30-06, quite possibly it was the M1918 BAR or the M1 Garand, but depending on when he was in it could have been the Enfield as well....

I figured your experience in the Marines did teach you a lot, at your age I imagine you were not at all involved in Viet-Nam or right at the end of it. I read on the web that the premeir said that if our trups had only stayed one more day they were ready to surrender!! It's only due to the darn Liberal Biased Distorted media in this nation that caused us to loose that war/Police Conflict. And they are still doing the same thing today involving the Middle east and Afganistan. I'm still uncertain about whether or not Bin Laden was actually killed? It was just too quick and all alleged evidence was disposed of so very rapidly it becomes highly suspicious in my book!

Say Terry,

I'm sure your Son does take after you, 'For as the twig is like the tree, so like their fathers Son's must be', and I'm sure he loves every minute of it too!!

As far as what my Dad shot I'm really not sure but as he was in the Army first, one of the first to enlist from Fairhaven, Mass when the war broke out on Dec. 7, 1941 so I'm not sure of the model of rifle he shot but doing a search on the web it said either the 1903 Springfield or the M1 Garand , I think I remember him mentioning the Springfield though?

Thanks for the info,
David

Edited by FtHillSnipe, 06 July 2011 - 12:20 PM.

#10 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

David, the Springfield, Garand and BAR where all 3 30-06 and used in WWII... So any of the 3 would be possible, the Garand was most widely used so it would be the most likely. If your Dad ever mentioned it being a "thumb breaker" then it was definately the Garand. It was given this moniker due to the feed down clips used to load it and the fact that you had to use your thumb in the open breech to keep the round from chambering if you wanted to make a condition 3 weapon.(No round in chamber, rounds in magazine, bolt closed safety on) Alot of WWII infantry men got their thumbs broken because of this little problem.
As far as my military experience, my reserve unit was the first reserve unit activated at the onset of Operation Iraqi Freedom, but we weren't sent to Iraq, we were sent to Guantanamo Bay Cuba. After Cuba we were sent to NewPort News VA to guard a Naval refuel/defuel depot. Not long after we returned from that little excursion I was honorably discharged due to high blood pressure. I was 22 and my numbers were averaging 170/110..... So they declared me unfit for service. I was a machinegunner and loved every minute behind the trigger. If you wanna see my babies just Google M240G and MA2 (Ma Deuce) .

As for my son, he can be a stinker sometimes but I'm told I was too. LOL He's a pretty good kid overall and we get ALOT of compliments on how well behaved he is. And BELIEVE ME IT"S NO ACCIDENT.. LOL My Dad and my siblings think I'm too hard on him, but out of all my siblings, (I'm #5 out of 6) I am the "wild one" and my "being wild" is a couple of tatoos symbolic of my military service, and a few piercings which have been taken out and have grown up. None of my parent's children have ever spent time in jail, and if I can match that with my 2, then I feel I will have done my job as a father.
Semper Fi

#11 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

David, the Springfield, Garand and BAR where all 3 30-06 and used in WWII... So any of the 3 would be possible, the Garand was most widely used so it would be the most likely. If your Dad ever mentioned it being a "thumb breaker" then it was definately the Garand. It was given this moniker due to the feed down clips used to load it and the fact that you had to use your thumb in the open breech to keep the round from chambering if you wanted to make a condition 3 weapon.(No round in chamber, rounds in magazine, bolt closed safety on) Alot of WWII infantry men got their thumbs broken because of this little problem.
As far as my military experience, my reserve unit was the first reserve unit activated at the onset of Operation Iraqi Freedom, but we weren't sent to Iraq, we were sent to Guantanamo Bay Cuba. After Cuba we were sent to NewPort News VA to guard a Naval refuel/defuel depot. Not long after we returned from that little excursion I was honorably discharged due to high blood pressure. I was 22 and my numbers were averaging 170/110..... So they declared me unfit for service. I was a machinegunner and loved every minute behind the trigger. If you wanna see my babies just Google M240G and MA2 (Ma Deuce) .

As for my son, he can be a stinker sometimes but I'm told I was too. LOL He's a pretty good kid overall and we get ALOT of compliments on how well behaved he is. And BELIEVE ME IT"S NO ACCIDENT.. LOL My Dad and my siblings think I'm too hard on him, but out of all my siblings, (I'm #5 out of 6) I am the "wild one" and my "being wild" is a couple of tatoos symbolic of my military service, and a few piercings which have been taken out and have grown up. None of my parent's children have ever spent time in jail, and if I can match that with my 2, then I feel I will have done my job as a father.

Say Terry,
First off, thanks for taking the time to answer back like this, I forgot you busy with your new house so I didn't mean to cause you an extra hassle. Oh be very cautious about your Blood Pressure, the figure you mentioned isn't good at all but what really matters does it stay at that level of come down? The added stress of the situation about our country as well as your buying a new home can be troubling for sure I imagine. The info I mentioned to the other fellow can also apply to and be very helpful for you as Nattokinase is blood thinner as well as cleaning out your veins and arteries for improved circulation as it an enzyme that eats all the bad junk and doesn't excrete any waste.
The least expensive place I found to get it is, All Star Health.com on line They're here in Calif. so you won't have to pay any sales tax and their shipping is reasonable.

I think Dad shot the Springfield but I'm not sure? I imagine shooting a machine is quite a charge for sure.

Your son sounds like any normal healthy guy wanting to experience this thing we call Life and I doubt he is too much different than you or I when we were his age and don't forget the added stress you may be under might make things worse and you more edgy than normal along with your BP issue to magnify things too.

Thanks again,

David.

#12 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

David, it's not a problem, but it was Brandon that just bought a house. LOL I rent, but I'm looking for a place to buy in my hometown.... Haven't found anything I want or can afford yet. I've mellowed out since my discharge, and my numbers nowadays run around 130-145 and 80-90 just depending on circumstances. The worst time for me is when i'm on call and they're calling me out all times of the day and night to fix problems with people's cable. LOL then I get pretty edgy. I'm going to my hunting property today to take a look around, check my cam, and put out more corn, so I may have videos when I get back. Thinking about taking Luke, but it's still 50/50 because I'm wanting to take the .22 just incase I run across a feral hog, never seen one on the property, but there's always a first time for everything.
Semper Fi

#13 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Terry,
Leave the .22 at home and take a machine gun for the hogs. A lot more fun that way. :-) lol
BrandonT

#14 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

Brandon, they took the machinegun away when they discharged me.... the least they coulda done is give me one as a keepsake though... LOL
Semper Fi

#15 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

Lol. I agree. :-) Tell them you need two of them now for compensation for not giving it to you when you were discharged. Then give me one. :-) lol
BrandonT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users