3 replies to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:32 PM

For the 1st time since I herniated my disc between c6 & 7, I was able to draw my bow today!!!! I drew it 3 times & my left arm only buckled once. I think I'll be able to shoot again. Odd timing because Im supposed to get my crossbow for fathersday. Now Im afraid to mention it to my wife. I just hope today wasnt a fluke. :yahoo: :lightfart:

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:20 AM

WT it's good that you can draw it, but I wouldn't over do it. Our bodies can compensate and overcome many things, but we pay for it in the long run if we don't do things in moderation. Or atleast I do. I have a disk between L4 and L5 that's outta whack and has been so for about 4 or 5 years. There are days it's hard to lift my right leg to take a step. Other days I get around as well as I did when I was 19. The point I'm making is just be careful buddy. There's no need to over do anything and make bad matters worse. Plus, you're about to get a new toy... you don't want to go and spoil that by letting the wife know you can use the old toy again do ya? ;)
Semper Fi

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

Scott, Terry has given some good advice. I too have been an archer for more than 40 years but have had to give it up due to the ravages of time and stupidity. I do have a crossbow that does allow me to get out there in that fashion without the fear of further damage to the old bod. It is similar to archery but will admit there are differences too. You might just look at the crossbow as another addition to the arsonal that may allow you to go hunting when you otherwise could not.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

Thanks gang. I do look at them as another tool which I need as most of my hunting is archery only. I even get permits from the local police dept to archery hunt the two public parks that are 5 & 10 min from my house. The closest area I can use a firearm is 30 min away. I like my 30'06 alot but theres nothing like being on the ground, upclose & personal with a deer with archery equipment in hand. Thats a feeling I thought I might have lost when I got hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users