• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Terry your weights look real good. Make sure you put that melting pot up real high so the kids cannot get to it. No matter how much you clean it still has lead traces in it and has no place in the hands of kids that may want to play with it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#17 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Paul, will do. I have it sitting in the garage right now and the kids don't go into the garage. Sadly enough I wanna go buy some more lead and make some more weights just for the fun of doing it LOL
Semper Fi

#18 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

If you are doing this in the garage. Make sure it's well ventilated while you are pouring the lead. The fumes from the lead are no joke. It's very toxic and can make you very ill. It's not just lead poisoning there are other toxins. Arsenic is commonly used to harden lead.

As a general rule it's probably a good idea not to expose yourself to it anymore often than once a month.
Posted Image

#19 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Leo I take my stuff onto the back porch and melt and pour there.... I just moved the pot into the garage after I got all the lead out to let it cool so I could let the dogs out without them getting burned..... I had a good breeze blowing most of the time I was out there so I should be ok..... Plus I was only at it about an hour and a half...
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users