• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

We've talked for a long time about both two of us starting to bowhunt. I hadnt worked much for last 18 months and have a bad knee now thanks to the Apaches, so there's no good time to buy, just gonna do it one day soon. Againx3 for me, be first for wife tho she shot archery in high school. Prob craigslist my old Martin Warthog when we make a decision. Thinking about a pair of PSE I see on Cabela's, hers diff from mine of course, she shoots right hand and I shoot with correct hand. No pink on them, unlike the handgun I got her for teacher of the year. Any PSE users out there have one of these, or comment from other experts here appreciated:

http://www.cabelas.c...v&WTz_stype=GNU

Thanks.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

PSE makes good stuff. I haven't shot that one. Brace height is a forgiving 7 1/2". Axle to Axle is 30 3/4" and that is really too short for me. I shoot a 30" or 31" draw length. I've found personally it is extremely difficult to shoot a bow accurately that has an ATA close to or less than my draw length. If your draw length is 28" or less the short ATA shouldn't be as big an issue.

An IBO speed of 316fps indicates the bow has the potential to have plenty of energy for a hunting setup.

If you can try before you buy then do it. But if you can't I think you still will enjoy the bow. Bows have come a long way in the last 10 years.
Posted Image

#3 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

I noticed that the lightest poundage setting was 40lb. Not worried about you,lol, but I would make sure your wife can pull that comfortably. I believe there are more women that can't pull that much to start, than can. Perhaps a 30lb garage sale bow to practice/build strength with

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

Mudduck, naw, you're thinking retroactively.... he just needs to get her a push mower with a pull start and a very high compression rate that likes to die alot.....that works the same muscles.... LOL :o)
Semper Fi

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

Is Huck still on the PSE Prostaff He was a couple of years ago. He should be able to fill you in and answer any questions.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

Thanks guys for all your considered input. I'm going to researchit and give it some more thought. :)
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#7 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

Thanks guys for all your considered input. I'm going to researchit and give it some more thought. :)

ahhh my horoscope today says wait. guess i'll thimk on it ia bit longer.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users