22 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been dealing, or trying to, with ever increasing serious health issues. Up till now it was muscle and nerve problems but, after a TEE Test today, I found out I'm going to have to have heart surgery again. This time to repair the Mitral Valve. It's not only leaking but way worse than the doctors suspected. No idea how soon or what type of operation yet, as I haven't had the sit down talk with the Cardiologist yet. I'm not looking forward to being opened up again and not sure I'm up to it but when faced with it I'll do whatever I gotta do. I'll try to keep you all updated......Norm

Edited by Spirithawk, 27 June 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

You do that Norm keep us updated and in the meantime we will think of you and hope and pray that all goes well.:yes:

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

Aw man Norm I am aware what you have been through already. Maybe the surgeons should have put a zipper in the last time. Just kidding. Seriously if there is anything I can do just let me know.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

I really hate to hear this. :( Prayers with you my friend.
Posted Image

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

...Maybe the surgeons should have put a zipper in the last time...

:D :yes:

But, seriously, try to keep us updated as I'm sure most will be praying.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#6 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:03 AM

Wishing you the best Norm. You are missed at HR.
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

Thanks everyone. I was exsposed to a lot of toxic chemicals in the Air Force that have made a total mess of me. I had to have a triple bypass in 05 and stents in 09. What worries me is that during the bypass both my lungs collapsed so another open heart surgery is a bit scary to say the least. I'll do what I gotta do but it's gonna be a mighty rough road. There are less invasive ways to do the operation, than open heart, but they are also the more risky. I really won't know my options till I have the sit down with the cardiologist. On a positive note, I finally know why I've been having so much chest pain. Kept telling the doctors something wasn't right. Thanks again for thoughts and prayers, they are much apreciated.

#8 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

It is kinda funny how when a guy our age goes into the hospital complaining of chest pain the whole place comes to attention.:hunter:

#9 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

Norm, thoughts and prayers are sent from this direction. May the good Lord guide the hand of your doctors to give you the best care they can and get you back to us and back in the woods better than ever...
Semper Fi

#10 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Wishing you the best, Norm. Will give you a call in the near future.

#11 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

Hey Norm. Sorry to hear about your health issues. I too have been dealing with chest pains for the past couple months along with a left arm that feels like it's been hit with one massive tennis elbow. They've sent me for a few ECGs, a ton of blood pressure tests, a stress test and last week they scheduled me for an angiogram fearing that my arteries were partially blocked. My cholesterol levels have been tracking slightly high for a while now and I have a family history of arterial blockage. They were prepared to put in stents if needed, but the angiogram showed my arteries were still open, so that eliminated that worry. Now, why in the heck am I still having chest pain sensations? Like you, I'm sure the anxiety of the unknown is your worst enemy right now.

It's strange in that I feel the greatest pain when I'm sitting around or standing doing absolutely nothing. When I'm busiest and working, I'm oblivious to any pain, so I've been trying to remain active, but the fear is always there with working, that heart issues could muster themselves. I told my wife that if these recent ailments kept me from doing what I enjoy, which is working around the house and helping my family out as the universal handyman, I'd go nuts!

I wish you all the best and hope for a positive outcome on any procedures required.

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#12 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

Good luck with that mitral valve. The new valves work great. My dad had a pig valve put in in 1970 in Univ Penna hosp in Phila or so and then a mechanical valve in 1985 or so at Robert Packer Hosp in Sayre PA. The mechanical valves sounded like a soldi lifter Z28, you could hear the valve working plainly without a stethoscope. He lasted until 2000 but did not die from heart failure.

I hope you get all fixed and can hunt this fall.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#13 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

Praying for you Norm. Lifting you up before the throne daily. GOD is still in the miracle business and where two or more are gathered together HE is in our presence. There are definitaly 2 or more believing brothers in here Norm praying for you.

Steve

#14 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

Been away for awhile Norm but adding you to the prayer list

Praying for you Norm. Lifting you up before the throne daily. GOD is still in the miracle business and where two or more are gathered together HE is in our presence. There are definitaly 2 or more believing brothers in here Norm praying for you.

Steve

Posted Image

#15 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

I got a call from the hospital today. Actually from the heart surgeon's nurse. I go the 19th to discuss the operation with the surgeon. I found out from the nurse that they do have to replace the Mitral Valve. No choice in the matter. That means opening my chest again and 6 months recovery. Gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks for the kind words and prayers.....SH ^i^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users