Heart Surgery

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

Well Norm after the recovery time you might be able to put me to shame in a foot race. ;)
Semper Fi

#17 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:22 AM

Saw the heart doctor today. They said I could maybe go without the operation but my pain would just continue to get worse and my heart grow weaker. I see no sense in that. Good news is that the pig valves now last longer than 8 years. Bad news is being as how I've had heart surgery before they said it makes this time more risky due to scar tissue. I at least found out who will do the operation and I talk to him Tuesday. They said he'd probably want to do it very soon after. I just want to get it done and over with. Posted Image Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers. Need all the help I can get. lol

#18 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

Got you on my prayer list and will continue to put your name on the church prayer list. We have some real warriors praying for you.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#19 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

Got you on my prayer list and will continue to put your name on the church prayer list. We have some real warriors praying for you.

Thanks my friend, much apreciated. I'll try and give you a call in the next day or two.

Edited by Spirithawk, 15 July 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#20 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Norm.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#21 VicMc

VicMc

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:06 PM

The wife had a pig valve and a cow valve put in year before last and everything seems to be going well thus far.

We will keep you in out thoughts and prayers.

"Good Luck and Good Hunting"

#22 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

Good news.......kinda. My heart doctors made it sound like I had no choice but to have the valve replaced. Well I just got back from the sit-down with the heart surgeon and he said that normally he would go ahead and replace the valve, but of course little is ever normal with me. Due to my other health problems and scar tissue from the bypass, he said that I am a very high risk. He told me that he is not convinced that all my pain is heart related, though some most certainly is, and that I can live with things as they are indefinitely if I'm careful. He said eventually I will have to have the valve replaced but it's just not a good idea at all to try and do it now. He told me that one of the many risks is that my heart is completely encased in scar tissue, as well as my chest walls, and that that complicates things considerably. Soooo, no operation. That's a big load off my mind because frankly the odds of surviving it were not good at all. I'm not only happy I won't have the operation but I'm happy my wife and kids don't have to see me like before with wires and tubes stuck everywhere. Thanks for the prayers everyone. In my mind they worked. :) As I said, eventually there won't be a choice, but untill then I intend to enjoy every minute of life best I can. Now I can truly look forward to hunting season. ;) On another note, Jason will have to be operated on for a hernia and is recovering from a severe bad reaction to a antibiotic. I'd rather be ill myself than see him ill.

#23 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

Norm no visit to old saw bones is always good news. Just listen to him and be careful. I wanna see some good pictures of you with a big buck or 3 this season. ;) It's never fun seeing your kids sick. Terra had fever the other night and I was really concerned over it. A dose of Motrin and about 15 minutes later, and she was better, but I kept an eye on her intermittently through the night, just making sure it didn't come back.
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users