• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have many, Firearms, reloading, Air Rifles, striving for accuracy too, Scopes, target & tactical shooting, being a Dedicated Marksman. Archery [a long time ago], Dry Fly fishing, backpacking and wilderness camping [a while in the past, went through Boy Scouts. Very Patriotic and Conservative, no military service due to a very bad auto accident in 1965, more than willing to take up Arms in defense of this Great Nation if the need arises]! Photography, sports cars, leaning toward a truck or suv for the comfort. And last but not least is the shared experiences on the forum!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

I'm more into target & tactical shooting than hunting but the art of concealment and stalking is very interesting for sure and hunting varmints. sure give you practice.

It seems like a decent forum the way things are laid out and the few posts I read seemed interesting.

While I have firearms and a long time shooter & re-loader, knowledge is never ending and great to be gained and shared.

Most recently I've once again gone back to a small caliber Air Rifle to handle varmints, and got a .177 Benjamin NP rifle and so far really enjoy it as it has plenty of power with it's claimed 1,000 - 1,200ft/ps except for the fact the scope that came with it, a little CP 3-9 x40, just doesn't seem very accurate for some reason and I am shooting off a bench rest too. Also after having become used to side focus the front bell focus is a real pia and very inconvenient IMHO.
Well I was told about how good Leapers's scopes handled the double-recoil of the new Air Rifles and the Benjamin sure does have plenty of double recoil so I started to investigate sources to order one from but then got thinking I ought to see about getting established with them myself as I'm a long time small business owner which I did and am now awaiting my opening order of three of the New 30mm tube, 3-12 x44 EZ Tap side focus scopes with illuminated Mil-Dot reticle +36 hews to choose from. Kindly pardon my enthusiasm but this should be a much better scope from some of the reviews I've read and with the side focus it will be a lot easier to use and I plan on posting my findings as I'm very objective so things are starting to get fun again!

Well I guess I let you know a bit about me and that I hope to get to know many of you folks better.
I'm a very firm believer in Gun Control!!
You and you alone are the only one that should be in control of your Guns!!

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

Welcome FtHillSnipe!

Looking forward to your scope review.
Posted Image

#3 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have many, Firearms, reloading, Air Rifles, striving for accuracy too, Scopes, target & tactical shooting, being a Dedicated Marksman. Archery [a long time ago], Dry Fly fishing, backpacking and wilderness camping [a while in the past, went through Boy Scouts. Very Patriotic and Conservative, no military service due to a very bad auto accident in 1965, more than willing to take up Arms in defense of this Great Nation if the need arises]! Photography, sports cars, leaning toward a truck or suv for the comfort. And last but not least is the shared experiences on the forum!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

Welcome FtHillSnipe!

Looking forward to your scope review.

Hi Leo and thanks for the warm welcome.

I know another guy who is also a shooter and reloader who lives in Raleigh, N.C. and another friend who also lives in South Carolina on the Coast.

Nice to meet you! Your display picture says you suffered a brain injury in '03, glad your ok, I also had a severe brain injury in '65 and took me about 1.5 years to get over it about 90% of the way and a couple years yet to completely finish healing.

Take care,
Ft Hill Snipe

Edited by FtHillSnipe, 28 June 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

Welcome aboard.

#5 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome RedGreen, it appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users