Gamecam Videos...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

Alright ya'll after being in the woods for 3 weeks, I pulled the memory card from my gamecam and put the other one in.... Unfortunately certain times of the day the video isn't of great quality and I'm going to go back to stills as soon as I go back. But I did get several videos of deer, squirrels, crows, and one animal I'm not 100% sure on, I think it's a 'yote, but the aspect ratio is killing me.... The video is below.....

For more videos as soon as I get them uploaded go to My YouTube

I had a frequent visitor that was a black faced doe..... I'd like to get ya'lls input as to why her face is so dark, and what age ya'll think she is. I'm still not sure if I will take her or not....
Semper Fi

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

While I was out there, I put out more corn, and replanted my food plots since the birds squirrels and deer were kind enough to eat all my seeds previously.... I just hope we get some rain to get it to sprout before they do it again....
Semper Fi

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Here is the video of the blackfaced doe...... Any input yall have about her age would be appreciated, My guesstimation is between 2 and 3yrs....... She's approximately 8yds from the camera. I'm 5'10" and the bush she is next to is approximately up to the bottom of my chest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCk3In2Rg1I

Edited by TerryfromAR, 11 July 2011 - 09:23 PM.
Adding info

Semper Fi

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

Does, Does Does.... Are all I'm seeing on my camera. LOL I checked my cam a mere week after putting it and another bag of corn out last weekend. I had 61 videos on it. and 56 were either the black face doe I have seen quite a bit on my cam, or the mother/daughter pair I have seen on there as well...... Getting some raccoons moving in on it so if I see them in Oct I got something for them. The deer are hitting the trophy rock I put out and not doing much with the BoneHead so that's something I will not be buying again. I also put out one of the Buck Licker Hard Suckers out and they have been working it pretty good as well, I moved the trophy rock below it just to see if it makes a difference. It's really hot here and extremely dry, so the deer are hammering the corn. I put out 40 lbs in 2 locations last week, and this week both were picked clean. The green cow (feeder) is now an amputee..... As I was dragging it into the woods I apparently banged it around enough to weaken a weld and one leg fell off. I bungeed it to a tree and got it set up to throw some corn.Hopefully the deer will get accustomed to coming in when the feeder fires and give me the chance to get one this year. It took the deer 3 days to find the corn, and after that they were making multiple daily visits, so I know the corn works. Took some tweeking, but the cam is working better than ever and with the addition of the feeder I think the initial set up is complete. Now if I can only get some bucks coming through I'll be set. I'll post more videos as soon as I get them uploaded. There are a couple that I think are bugs flying infront of the cam but I'm hoping it's rain..... It's just too hard to tell with night vision.
Semper Fi

#5 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDpkPsCNTMg
Semper Fi

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

very cool...I just put 2 cameras out yesterday, being on public land I hope they are there when I go back. went with some real cheap units just in case, hope to get some shots of some elk and bear. I know they are in the area..lots of rubs and finding fresh scat piles... we'll find out next week :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

Bruce good luck with that...... Public land can be tricky because you never know who is gonna be there.... Well on my little escapade, I stepped in a pile of deer scat... and that set the pace for the day. LOL
Semper Fi

#8 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:55 AM

GAAAHHHHHH!!! Went back to stills and the pic count dropped way down....... maybe it was the introduction of the feeder, maybe it was the drought, maybe too much human scent in that location..... Not sure what happened, did get one pic that I have no idea what it was.... maybe ya'll can tell.....

Posted Image

While I was there, I moved my cam up to about 6ft and angled it down. Another forum that I visit alot of the guys suggested this to keep deer from spotting the cam as much, I also went back to video rather than the stills, so let's see what happens with the modifications.
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users