8 replies to this topic

#1 VicMc

VicMc

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

Folks, I lost my Dad April 27th of this year and well I am honestly still having issue with it. If you would lift me and mine up in your thoughts and prayers.

Vic

"Good Luck and Good Hunting"

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Prayers sent Vic!
Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Prayers for sure I lost my dad way back in 89 and still miss him. The sharp pain has dulled but not the memories of the good times which I try to dwell on.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 VicMc

VicMc

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:00 AM

Thanks guys. Means a lot :) I am still struggling with this, but with God's help I am sure I will come to terms with it, ... in His time of course.

Edited by VicMc, 29 July 2011 - 01:01 AM.

#5 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

Prayers are with you.........................
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#6 VicMc

VicMc

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

While life goes on "and supposedly gets easier", I still seem to be having a lot of difficulty with the loss of my Dad. In a little over a month from now it will be one full year he has been gone, and yet still I continue to have issues with it. Bad at times.

A life is taken and a life is given, as I now have my first Grandchild and I should be the happiest I have ever been in my life and I am in a way, but ... then there is still a huge dark cloud hanging over me. Perhaps I know the answer, and honestly I am sure I do ... it's just that I can't seem to allow myself to grieve, break, weaken and let the rain fall, so that the new flowers of life can grow once more. It's just something God and I will have to work out and soon I hope.

I ask that my brothers and sisters in Christ lift me and my family up in prayer, as we / I still need all the prayers I can get.

Again,
Thank you all very much.

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

Vic I know your feeling, having been there. Dear God I right now hold my brother Vic up to you for your comfort. I ask you show Vic that you love him and have his dad there with you and that all is well. Show him that it is ok to grieve and feel sorrow at his loss and also show him the way to look back on his father not as loss but to look upon him with fondness of memory of all the good times they had while he was here. Amen
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Grieving is Biblical, my friend. Our blessed hope is that of reunion with our loved one(s). That is often the focus when we initially face loss (and rightfully so). However, few people bother to cover the fact that you're also likely going to endure some suffering. For right now, we're the ones that have been left behind. That hurts. Even when we know the destination of the departed is grand, it still hurts us now as we're still here. I'm sure that everyone you know has been offering all sorts of "advise"... Telling you that you have to let yourself go through the full-on grieving process sooner or later. (If you're like me, you're probably sick of hearing it... Even, in part, because you know they're right. Posted Image ) One thing you may not have had drilled into your head a lot as of yet is that our way of grieving should be different from the world's way. If anything, it's actually deeper. So, it doesn't surprise me at all that this is still lingering even nearly one year later. Definitely do not let that be a source of discouragement. Definitely do take refuge in the Lord. He is our peace in the storm of bereavement (even when we just aren't "feelin' it"). It sounds like you're readier than you've ever been. You've certainly been given something to focus on / perspective with the grandchild. This life is so precious and worth fighting for / preserving even in the darkest of times. I wish you well and you're certainly always in my prayers.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#9 VicMc

VicMc

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Thank you! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic