• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:04 PM

Today Huntingpa website announced that a Benefit wil be held at the Dixon's Gunmakers Fair to help Bill Kennedy's Wife. Bill has terminal cancer. If you've never visited Kennedy Firearms homepage to view Bill's work you're missing something special. I understand that some of his pistols can be seen in "Pirates of the Carribean". Bill served in Vietnam and taught several other gunmakers tricks of the trade. He was simply amazing to watch. His wife attends our small church in Muncy so the family has been on the prayer chain. The world of muzzleloading is losing a true craftsman. :(
Posted Image

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:16 AM

Just recieved word that Bill passed away a few moments ago. :(
Posted Image

#3 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:02 AM

That is a major Loss to the stuff and puff commiunity, I will keep family in my prayers,

a few years ago I was able to meet bill at the NMLRA shoot they have in Phx at the been avery range,

He Was A Class Act. and a gentleman all the way.

Bill you will be missed

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#4 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:18 PM

You're right RL about Bill being a class act. Twentyfive years ago He offerred his first muzzleloader building class at the Williamsport Comm. College as an evening class. There were about 15 of us that took the course. Most of the old guys(45-50 LOL) started building long guns from scratch with an investment of $400 plus....
Being a youngster of 22yrs old and with a wife & newborn I couldn't afford to go that route and opted for a $119 kit gun(2 of us did this). Bill never looked down his nose at us and only remarked that with a kit gun we'd be correcting mistakes as much as building a gun, but he understood our situation. He brought pictures of what a PA long rifle was supposed to look like and helped us rework our stocks, triggers, brown the barrels, etc. until he was satisfied that we'd done our best. Bill also took the time to spend a couple hours talking to Whistle Pig about gunsmithing the year before he headed out to COAGS. He gave Seth some of his own books to keep. Bill loved military rifles and had some plain but perfect condition bolt action WW1 & WWII guns displayed in his home. He was quiet and a highly skilled Craftsman. May God welcome this War Vet home.

Edited by Phil, 14 July 2006 - 04:19 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:27 PM

It's sad to think how many great men and women we've seen fall by the way. makes a man feel down right old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users