Gotta Find Some Time..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

I have to find some time to build the stand for the feeder I want to build. I bought the angle iron, the timer, the anglegrinder, and the square to build it. Now I just have to make the time to get it done..... I also have to build a teeter for my wife to practice agility with her dogs. I got the square tubing and sheet metal to do it with, but once again time is the critical factor....... I have always hated the design of the commercially produced feeders because if you get it up high enough to keep the raccoons from spinning the wheel and dumping all the feed between feed times, you can't get a bag of corn high enough to pour it in. The design I'm working on has an integrated ladder and makes it stable enough to climb on to refill..... I'll post pictures after it's finished and in place.
Semper Fi

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

Well all I changed my design last minute. I went with a basic 3 leg design that was low enough I can refill it without carrying a ladder with me, and high enough to keep the raccoons out of it. The barrel I bought was solid green, so after I welded the legs on and attatched the timer I decided to put a little black paint on it to break up the green and weatherproof the angle iron and the welds a little bit. After I added the black I couldn't come up with any other name than "The Green Cow" Feeder... LOL Here it is.

Posted Image

Edited by TerryfromAR, 16 July 2011 - 08:12 PM.
Bigger link to picture

Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users