#1 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

Well

I have not been on for awhile and the reason

It all started in april 2011 when I made the dreaded call to Az game and Fish, I fully expeteced to hear those words again YOU WERE NOT DRAWN FOR ANTELOPE, Well much to my suprise and delite I heard YOU WERE DRAWN FOR ANETELOPE, YOU WERE DRAWN FOR BULL ELK, Ok did I hear that right, so I hang up and call 5 more times, and kept hearing the same thing,

I was in shock not for the archery bull elk tag, but for the archery antelope tag, For the last 16 years I kept hearing YOU WERE NOT DRAWN for antelope, well the next day I started scouting for a what could be a once in a life time hunt for me, I have been out every weekend and once or twice during the week, to scout for my hunt, its been crazy, The hunt does not start till aug 19th but one cannot be to prepaird,

I will let you all know how it turns out after the hunt, also the hunt is 14 days, I get back from that and turn around and head out for a 4 day muzzy antelope hunt with a cliant, I get back from that and turn right around and leave the next day for my early archery bull hunt in the rut,

I have so far put 5 antelope bucks on my hit list,

The preacher, is a buck I found on a sunday and has lots of mass,
Posted Image

Buzz, is named because I just about stepped on a rattler when I found him
Posted Image

Archie, is named because when I glassed him up he was bedded down under some buck brush that formed a arch,
Posted Image

Camper, is named because I keep seeing him from where I will camp, this buck is there every morning,
Posted Image

Stumps is named because his horns look like to big ol stumps coming out of his head, he is not tall but kinda a freaky,
Posted Image

Hope every one is doing good, and sorry I aint been around lately, but I think yall will understand,

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

RL congrats on the tags, and good luck on filling them...... I'm not really versed in speedgoat size but I think Preacher looks the best. I'd definately smoke him if I had a chance to with a bow.....(As long as the dreaded buck fever didn't take control that is LOL)
Semper Fi

#3 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

Terry

Preacher is the biggest coming in at about 87-88 inches, but the problem with him is I will only get a chance at him opeing morning, we have been trying to get him the last 2 years but after opening morning he will jump over onto private propery and stay over there till after season, I have a plan to get him this year, I got a couple of buddies gonna go to our glassing spot, while I park the quad and hump the 1 mile and a half in the dark, there is a spot they hang out in first thing in the am, there is a big ol ceder tree there that I have gone into in the middle of the day and cut out a hole(kinda like a natural blind) I plan on being in there about 1 1/2 before lite, then my buddies can let me know when they are on there way,

if I dont get him then archie comes next, he is about 80 inches, and buzz is about 75-77 inches, both of these bucks are in places that I think will not get the hunting pressure, and I know where both like to water, so I have built a blind on one water hole and then placed a hang on stand in a big tree on the other, with a little luck one will take an arrow,

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:50 AM

RL once again good luck..... I hope you get Preacher....... That would be a sweet one to take.... What are the P&Y and B&C minimum scores on speed goat? Like I said I'm completely green on Pronghorn...
Semper Fi

#5 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

terry

Not sure I think P&Y is like 64 min, I dont really pay att to that unless I specifily have a cliant looking for a book buck, it dont have to make the books to be a trophy for me,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

RL congratulations on your prized tags. Looks like you have some quality goats to pursue. Good luck.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

Out of the five I'd be going for the first two bucks, real beautes with classic shape horn. Hope to see the your photos here on how your hunt turned out with a classic photo and your prized buck. Good luck MZ.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:32 AM

Get'em RL!
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users