4 replies to this topic

#1 killthemquick89

killthemquick89

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

All the reviews iv read have positive feed back they seem like. A great bow and I found one for a real good price. Any one have any input on them

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

Not particularly the Monster but I've test fired a few Matthews, and if they hold true it should be a very nice bow for you.
Semper Fi

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

All the reviews iv read have positive feed back they seem like. A great bow and I found one for a real good price. Any one have any input on them

The McPhersen Mathews Monster series bows are top of the line and top shelf bows. I have owned the 2009 Monster and it was very easily tuned and shot great. I would suggest though before you put any money down on one is head to a Mathews dealer and shoot the MR6 which is this year's version of the Monster. I'd also recommend you shoot any other MR series bow while you are there to compare the differences. The Monster bow is not for any one and does take some getting use to with its 6" brace height and short valley. At 70# you have to watch the spine selection for this bow cause it likes a stiffer spine. It is a tack driver with speed plus making those arrows slam its target hard and penetrate deep.

The MR 7 Monster is this years bow and I own this one. I think it is a bow that fits me better than the Monster did. There are some good prices on a few web sites seeling the MR bows right now.

I'm somewhat surprised Jeremiah our resident Mathews pro shooter has not made a comment yet or Leo our other staff pro shooter.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 killthemquick89

killthemquick89

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

Well see my buddie has an 09 monster he's selling due to buying an mr6 I shot both of his bows and love them and for the price I couldn't pass it up I paid 500 for his 09 monster with the Matthews drop away rest and string stop and he only shot this bow a handful of times I'm in love with it I picked it up last night

#5 killthemquick89

killthemquick89

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

It's defintly a change from my old Matthews mq32 but I like this bow a lot and I'm ready to see what I can do with this monster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users