6 replies to this topic

#1 killthemquick89

killthemquick89

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

Trying to get a rough Guse of what my new monster will shoot my arrow weighs 28 grams with field point and its a 340 spine and my bows set at 65 lbs what are your thoughts on what it should shoot

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

Here's a website that will calculate the efficiency of your setup. http://backcountrybo.../articles/calc/
You'll need more information than what you have posted but this will get you in the ball park of what it can do.:peace:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 killthemquick89

killthemquick89

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

Thanks that website was nice it helped a lot but I would like to be more in the 315 range time to switch some stuff up I suppose lol

#4 killthemquick89

killthemquick89

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

My bow with its current setup is at 291.7 fps

#5 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

That arrow weight and speed is actually very good for hunting. Going up to 315fps isn't going to flatten your trajectory any significant amount within hunting range.

If you try a lighter arrow to get 315fps you will loose some Kinetic Energy and Momentum.

You've got good numbers right now. Concentrate on broadhead tuning to optimize it's performance.
Posted Image

#6 killthemquick89

killthemquick89

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

Sweet part is my rage broadhead and field points are all grouping together don't even have to tune em together I was surprised to see that but im perfectly okay with it lol and I like the numbers im shooting and I'm thinking I'm just going to crank the bow down to 70lbs and call it a day I'm satisfied with the way its shooting and don't feel the need to switch anything around just lighting the limbs up a bit more is all I will probly do.

#7 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

Deer, elk, antelope, bear, and a few other critters, if you're up to it.

Good hunting!
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users