• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

My son has several concealed carry pistols. His most recent is a little 380 that even in a holster you can carry in a pocket. He uses Hoppes #9 and rem oil which do a real good job cleaning but makes his guns lint magnets. He seems to think he heard about a dry lube that will not collect so much lint. Does anyone here have a good product that works for you.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

I don't know how in the world this one slipped by me for so long, but your best bet to get a selection is to Google "dry gun lube".

A couple that I have personally seen and/or heard of that offer good results are...
Remington Drilube
and
Militec-1

As I still mostly carry a Glock I just use Break-Free CLP. If you leave any on the surface it will catch some lint. But, frankly, I've never cared as I've never been able to make that pistol not function flawlessly no matter how filthy I've (purposely) let it get.

Soon, however, I'm getting set to pull the trigger (pun intended) on a true .380 pocket pistol that will obviously have smaller and likely more "tight fitting" parts. You had better believe that I'll be using a dry lube on that pistol. (Likely the Rem unless my dealer has something else in stock.)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

I have used the militec dry lube. The more you use it, eventually the gun seems to have a permanent coating of the stuff. Whether it draws lint, I could not say as I used a holster for my weapons when on duty. This really worked good in my Colt Combat Commander .45 acp. That gun never jammed and stove piped.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users