2 replies to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

Last fall, my rangefinder fell out of my jacket pocket & landed in what looked like a pile of leaves....until it sunk. I immediately took the battery out. I let it dry out. I've since replaced the battery but it wont range. It'll turn on & act like its working but wont display range. Can I open it up & clean a lense or something or is it toast? Its an older Cabelas brand rangefinder & deffinately not in warranty.

Edited by Whitetiger, 07 September 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Sure sounds like you are in the market for a new one.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

I read sometime back you can place it in a bowl of dry white rice so it will absorb any moisture still trapped in them. After that and nothing works right you sure can't loose anything by working on it yourself at this point. The only other thing is to contact Cabelas and see if there is someone that can give you any tips on how to work on it.
Like PA mentioned I'd be checking the catalog for a replacement model. I like the Leupold range finders that I have over some of the others because of the view it gives seems to be a high quality and is brighter.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users