8 replies to this topic

#1 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:32 PM

I went and picked up my mount from a couple of years ago. I shot a nice 5x6 on my brother-in-laws farm in Sydney, Iowa. He is not a huge deer but a very respectable mount. He looks nice next to my pope and young 4x4. OK do you guys also get flack from the wife as to "why do you need another deer head on the wall"? :lol: I guess they just don't understand. :huh:

Steve

#2 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:20 PM

my wife feels the same way :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#3 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:32 PM

My wife doesn't seem to mind... <_< :rolleyes: :D
BrandonT

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:03 AM

I got lucky twice. Wife was in the living room and I asked the question "This is our home isn't it"? To which she replied "Of course". I then asked "this is our living room isn't it?" to which she said "Of course". After a few moments of silence to be sure I had her full attention I commented that I just didn't feel very much a part of the room. There wasn't anything of me there. My wall mounted gun cabinet has been converted to her bookcase and all the wall hangings and pictures are hers. I stated I desired to have something of me in the room. She agreed and now a head mount of a Sika Stag and a northern pike adorn the walls in the living room. If I ever get a whitetail or an elk worthy of mounting this ploy will be tried again. Fortunately her carpal tunnel won't allow her to wield the iron skillet and I can still run faster than she can.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:20 AM

I hung a fire alarm on the wall. Does that count? :ermm:
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#6 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:38 AM

Man guys I feel blessed after reading this thread, Sherri keeps asking when is she going to get something big enough to hang on the wall next my mounts, and she has only been going hunting 2 years now.
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#7 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:56 PM

:lol: :lol: My wife dosen't mind me mounting my mounts on a wall as long as it's some where out of sight...... :lol: :lol: just kidding
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#8 Kurt

Kurt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:48 AM

I guess I am another one of those Blessed guys. My wife has let me do most of the decorating. I have a mountain goat, a grizzly bear rug, an antelope and her whitetail buck hanging in our house. Don't know what our friends think but we like it. In fact she let me reinforce the wall above the fireplace in case I get a moose someday. Now just to save the money for that trip.

Kurt

#9 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:18 PM

my mount's are in my computer room....which i call my room...of course they would look better in the living room to me ...
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users