3 replies to this topic

#1 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

:hunter:I have been hitting it hard since the 15th of Sept. The deer seem to be more scarce than last year. I have seen a total of approx. 15 deer in a month. Harvested 3 from that. The weather has been warm so I am attributing the deer movement to that. I think they have become very nocternal. A lot of hours for only 3 deer. The season is still young and the rut is another few weeks away. I hope it starts to get better. Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

Steve

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

Subterranean - or under ground :rofl: Toughest time of the year to get an eye ball on one IMHO. Best of luck to you :peace:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

I know where 3 went into your freezer. Eric and I have found deer but only in and around the fields nothing very far away from their eats. We live and hunt in the ridge and valley and nothing up high at all.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

Due to our injuries we haven't been able to hunt, but the one trail cam we left out has several pics of deer. No Bucks yet though. They are starting to move more during the day with most pics taken between 9am and 10am and with one at 1pm. Our weather has turned much cooler and I think that is what has them moving more during daylight. Not seeing any rubs yet but expect to at any time. Wishing you guys the best of luck.

On a possitive note, the doctor told Jason today that he has a good chance of being able to shoot a bow again. They doubted he ever would at first but both the doc and the therapist said he is showing remarkable improvement. I credit that to Jason being one tough guy and bow hunting is a true passion to him. Heck, after my bypass they told me I wouldn't be able to hunt that year but I did. Not only that but it was my best season ever and I shot 4 deer. One a pretty nice Buck. Where there's a will there's a way. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users