• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hunter91

hunter91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

Hi guys im new to the forum! I didnt know where i should put this so if i put it in the wrong place sorry. Now i just bought Fred bear bow today and its in nice shape. I only bought the bow for $25 I was wondering what do you guys think its worth and what year is it? I know it not worth tons but if some of you guys were selling this bow what kinda price would you put on it. Just what is the bare bow worth and year? The draw lengh is 29 draw weight is 70 and the serial number for this bow is 1973344 if anyone can answer my 2 questions that would be great thanks alot guys hope ya can help me figure out the year!!!

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

:hi: and Welcome to HR! The condition of the bow is a factor on value. A very close inspection for cracks or other potential defects should be done by a Pro Shop before using it.
A quick review on eBay shows a large price range on Fred Bear bows and using the pictures on there you might find what model you have.
eBay link :idea:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 17 October 2011 - 02:17 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 hunter91

hunter91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

Ok i tried to look but i cant find what year this is. I seen a bow on ebay that looks like mine but there is no year or anything I been searching on the net and still no Year.

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,085 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

A picture is worth 1,000 words.
Can you post a link to that bow that looks like yours?
Realistically, a model name would be most helpful.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

Posted Image

#5 hunter91

hunter91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

My link

There you go just click my link and this is a Fred Bear serial # 1973344 Thats all the info that i see

Edited by hunter91, 18 October 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,085 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

I'm not familiar with that model. But, given the camo pattern and green bubble logo below the handle, my guess would be somewhere in the late 1990's to early 2000's time frame. It would have been considered an "entry level" bow by the cam style.
I would contact Bear directly with the serial number to verify.
http://www.beararche...cts.com/contact
If you don't mind, let us know what you find out. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

Posted Image

#7 hunter91

hunter91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for the response. And ok ill get ahold of them and ask them and once i find out ill let ya guys know. Thanks for the help.

#8 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

Not sure on the year but it's a G32 for the model and they renamed it and stuck the buckmasters logo on it to sell in wally world I know this because I own the buckmasters one. I've had it about 5 or 6 years now to give you an idea on the age of your's mine still shoots good too. Unless I had money for a new one I couldn't sell mine. Probably with the original purchase price being about 250 with an included whisker biscuit and cheap truglo sight you can't get much probably about what you paid for it.

Edited by TerryfromAR, 19 October 2011 - 08:42 PM.

Semper Fi

#9 hunter91

hunter91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

Ok i emailed that bear website and i had to send them a pic. And they said it is a BTR it was made in 2003 for walmart.

#10 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

Wally Bear....that sort'a has a nice ring to it! :rolleyes:

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#11 Brendat

Brendat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

I have a compound bow with the serial number 1213440 i need to know more about it  and what year it is can anyone help me please

#12 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Brendat post a picture and we'll see if we can tell you what it is.

Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users