5 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

I went on a three day Managed Muzzleloader hunt this weekend. Just had to baby my ankle so did a lot of sitting. That was fine as the many other hunters kept the deer moving. Had a real blast though I had a pretty nice buck stolen from me. I went to get help from the Rangers to get him out and he was gone when we went back for him. Along with my tag unfortunately. The guys who stole him were not even suppose to have been hunting in there as it was closed to any but those drawn for the hunt. They were seen loading my buck and high tailing it out of the area. The bucks were realy responding to grunt calls and doe bleats. The one I shot came charging in twice and then walked right up to a scent wick saturated with Tinks 69 Doe in Estrus. Here's a pic of me inspecting a very nice buck rub. Found lots of scrapes too. I think the Rut is coming in way early this year, along with the cold weather.

Posted Image

Oh, we now have Elk in Missouri and not just those the Conservation Dept. relocated here. They are coming in from those stocked in Arkansas.

Edited by Spirithawk, 25 October 2011 - 07:48 PM.

#2 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

Stinkn deer thieves. I had a friend who lost a 180 class deer a few years back to thieves. The penalty should be a linchin for that.

Steve

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

Stinkn deer thieves. I had a friend who lost a 180 class deer a few years back to thieves. The penalty should be a linchin for that.

Steve

Trust me Steve, a rope is too good for them. However a skinning knife will skin more than just deer! ;) What hurts most is that I know that my hunting years are numbered and I realy would like one nice Buck on the wall before I can no longer hunt and that stolen Buck would have been it. If I ever run accross them again, or anyone like them, they might just find themselves occupying that empty spot on my wall! :angry:

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

Trust me Steve, a rope is too good for them. However a skinning knife will skin more than just deer! ;) What hurts most is that I know that my hunting years are numbered and I realy would like one nice Buck on the wall before I can no longer hunt and that stolen Buck would have been it. If I ever run accross them again, or anyone like them, they might just find themselves occupying that empty spot on my wall! :angry:

can they issue you a replacement tag?

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

Man that really stinks. Sure hope they get their just rewards. I just figured it out, we live too far apart.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

can they issue you a replacement tag?

Nope, afraid not. It was only a 3 day Managed Muzzleloader hunt and was too close to being over to really bother with even trying.

Yep Paul, I agree. :)

Edited by Spirithawk, 27 October 2011 - 08:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users