• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 work2hunt

work2hunt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:09 AM

I just recently purchased a New Crossbow called the Kodabow Express "Always Faithful" package.

I have had it a few days and I have been shooting it daily and I Love It....

You can check it out here:

http://kodabow.com/store/details.php...dary=&keywords

I thought I would write a quick review for everyone.....

This crossbow shoots very smooth and is easy to draw the string back into the locking position. I love the 3 arrow KwiKee quiver that easily comes off. The camo thats on the Limbs ( Desert Digital ) is awesome and blends very well with the surroundings. The rear stock and pistol grip are tan and the rest of the bow is black. Very good blend of colors. The grip has a bonus... It can accomodate a flashlight which is a huge bonus. The 3x32 Scope brings you right up into the action and I have shot mine atleast 120 times the past few days and it is extrememly accurate and durable and I am excited to take it out on my first hunt....

I also Love the American Flag logo and for any Marines out there, you will Love this.. It has the Marines Corps Motto, "Semper Fi", " Always Faithful" on it.

I will keep this crossbow as part of my hunting equipment for a long time.

I will be doing more reviews of any new equiment I get including video equipment for hunting as I am out videoing hunts know.

Thanks

#2 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

Hi w2h. Ain't it always great to get a new toy? Nice to see you put a review on the product too.

I don't own a xbow, but my son shoots one. Here's something you might want to try for either personal information on your gear and/or to add to a product review of your gear:

Most xbowers head to the range or in the backyard to practice with their xbow. They load and shoot their bows several times taking care to sight things in and repeat the shooting procedure repeatedly to become consistant at what they do. But under real hunting conditions, a crossbow may be loaded for a period of 3 or 4 hours while a bowhunter sits on stand waiting for game to appear, before it is shot. It might be a good test to leave the xbow c0cked for a period of 3 or 4 hours once it's sighted in, then try shooting at the same target in order to evaluate if the limbs have fatigued at all during the time they must endure the stress of being loaded. (safety note: while leaving it c0cked, don't load it with a bolt or arrow, or leave the bow unattended in the event unauthorized personnel, such as kids, might happen onto it). If the bolt (or arrow) hits low after a 3 or 4 hour wait, it might be a good indication of limb fatigue.

Just food for thought. :2cents:

Happy xbowing.

Geoff / TBow

Edited by Geoff / TBow, 03 November 2011 - 10:20 PM.

Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:22 AM

I also have one, but a diff manufacturer. They are an amazing weapon. Most are on the heavy side but their speed and accuracy make up for that.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

Yep, they can be loads of fun. Just like any other weapon they all have good points and bad and you learn to make the best of the good. :) I have a Horton Legend XL 175 that keeps me in the woods since I can no longer draw a regular bow. Best of luck to ya and welcome to the Forums. You'll meet some of the best folks you could ever find right here. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users