• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

This past spring I thought I had seen it all in the extremely wet weather that we had then. Saturday was the opener of PAs fall season and Eric and I hunted in a noreaster snow storm. It snowed over an inch an hour but we braved all that for the possibility of an encounter of the feathered kind. It was very hard hunting the side hill but we did anyhow. All I got was very wet without any sign of a turkey anywhere. We should have hunted the lower woodlots as the mast crop is very weak this year. Either that or the turkeys and robins traded places and the turkeys headed south and the robins stayed as we saw lots of them.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

You bundle up and stay warm my friend. If you wanted turkeys you should have been with me on the muzzleloader hunt. We saw turkeys every where we went. :)

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

All of a sudden the turkeys seem to have vanished. We have a couple of weeks to find where they are so maybe we will find them yet.

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

How are your guys doing out there? I've been with out power since noon on saturday. word is PPL wont have power restored till thursday.

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

We had some spotty power outages around the area. Our power clicked off but came back quickly. Sorry to hear you don't have any power. We had a couple of wrecks on the road must have been some Florida imports as the roads were not all that bad. Eric and I had a real bad piece of road to get to where we hunted and when I started home the small trees along the road were bent down over the road. I had to turn off the windshield wipers and inch my way through but we made it in good shape. Ah the joys of hunting in a noreaster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users