• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

It became legal today to carry a concealed firearm in Wisconsin, with a valid Wi. permit, or a valid permit from a state that Wisconsin honors. http://www.handgunla...s/wisconsin.pdf

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:00 AM

At Last you guys have it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

I have the Wisconsin CCW permit. It really is not a big deal to me to carry a handgun. Having been a police officer for many years, I commonly (and sometimes were required to carry) carried a Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP in an shoulder rig. But I wanted the permit now, to be legal of course. I carry when I am out walking. I could simply carry a revolver out in the open but I hate the idea of cars passing by seeing me armed. Understand, where I walk is in a national forest. My worries are not so much armed attackers, but bears, wolves, coyotes, and stray dogs. For instance, I was walking one afternoon and there on a hill not 50 yards from me stood a black bear, watching me walk by. Believe me... it bothered me. At least now, if an animal wanted to press the issue, I could make his day very uncomfortable.

Its also nice because if I want to transport the handgun, I don't have to unload it. When I used to bait bear, I would travel all over the forest on an ATV. And most places, I would park the ATV and then "walk in" with the bait. When you bait, you never go in unarmed. So at every station, I would have to load and unload the revolver when I was getting back on the road. And when you're doing several bait stations.. that loading and unloading is a PITA. This way, I can tuck the revolver loaded, in a holster, and drive the ATV anywhere I want. So its a matter of convenience.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

I too have a ccw but do not often make use of it. It is a matter of convenience to me too.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users