6 replies to this topic

#1 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

Went out last night not expecting to see any thing because the wind was 25 to 35mph. I did a couple of rattling sessions and right after my last session I contemplated getting down. Thats when I saw a nice buck coming in. He came into the rattle but not looking for a fight just curious. Curiosity killed him. He stood at what I thought was 25yds. so I let a rage tipped arrow fly and it was underneath him. He spooked to about 50yds then came back to a soft grunt. Re-adjusted for a longer shot and put the 30yd. pin on and put the smack down on him. He jumped high and I knew it was a great shot so I watched him walk off to about 40yds and do the ol wobble then fall. I stayed in the stand untill it was pitch dark then snuck up to 10yds of him wind in my favor and he was still alive but his head was doing the dropsys. I snuck back out and waited for 45 min. then went back and he was gone. I decided to go back in the morning because I knew he wouldn't last long or go far. I got there at first light and the trail was a tipacal rage trail. Followed it 20yds and found him in a deep raven. To my suprise he was bigger then I thought. A very nice 6x4 with a broken droptine on his left side that by looking at the base where it was broke it looked like a nice one. No problem for my taxi guy. Already capped out. I will send pics as soon as I get them off of my wife's camera. Now headed out to Big Springs next week for my annual rifle hunt with my good friend Pastor Chris. Had a great bow season. 2 nice bucks and 3 does. I am processing it all for the homeless minus some tenders and enough for some jerky of course.

Steve

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

Yep that was a good season. Makes you feel good to know those that really need it can eat something you provided. I did that with the one deer I got in Kansas.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

Congrats Steve :thumbsup:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

Here are a couple of pics of the deer. I know back of the truck again, but it is hard to take pics in the field when I am all by myself.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Nice Steve, congrats.

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

Wow. Seriously, look at those G3s... :eek:
Congratulations!

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#7 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

:clap: