New Wrinkle?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:56 AM

Well all, i found out yesterday that i am in the running at one of the archery clubs i shoot at, for shooter of the year in the novice division, basically me and this other guy, are within about 14 points of each other and it keeps going back and forth between us as to whom has the higher average, i am improving steadily, the problem lies in the fact that if i keep shooting the way i am, i'm gonna win out of my division LOL i don't know what shooter of the year entails, but it would be nice to find out first hand, i'm no slouch when it comes to shooting, my score shooting Novice was 236 yesterday, i'm thinking about going back today and shooting Limited(next division up) just for the extra practice, the problem lies in the fact that i have shot the course, and know the basic distances where i can get pretty close to the exact distance on this round and quite possibly shoot a higher score today than yesterday, and normally, a lower score wins Limited than does Novice. (kinda backwards ain't it?) LOL I don't know what would happen if i won Limited with a 2nd day score? Ahhh well LOL it's fun to get out and shoot, just wanted to rant a little and let ya'll know what's going on with me and my styrofoam aminal killin' LOL
Semper Fi

#2 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:31 PM

Terry keep up the good work. I sure hope you do find out first hand what novice shooter of the year intails. I have always found that not over thinking about the distance and target and go with your first instinct is always the best. Again Congrats and keep shooting.

MD

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:11 PM

Man that's pretty impressive good luck Terry. ;)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:29 PM

well all my limited score was 229, so i did fair, and 250 won novice this tournament, and 238 won Limited LOL
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users