2 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

I just got back from getting my mail out of the box at the end of my driveway. Paul is familiar with the set up. Driveway is about 100 yards long. Going down it's a drop off of about 30 yards to a creek on the left. To the right is an incline uphill and all woods. As I was going down I kept thinking I was hearing footsteps on my right in the woods. It was pretty windy so I wasn't realy sure but I kept trying to see what it might be and so was walking slow and quiet. I got to the mail box and turned to look up into a slight clearing and there staring at me was one huge Buck! He spun just as I saw him so I didn't get a good look at his rack. I saw enough to know it was tall, wide and had heavy mass though! I'd sure like to get a better look at him through my scope come saturday morning, the opening day of Firearms Season. ;) Dang I love living in the country. See stuff every day that folks in the city only see in pictures. :)

Edited by Spirithawk, 10 November 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#2 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

very cool Norm, we drive by our resident herd everyday going in and out the drive way.
Love livin' in the sticks.

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

In my back yard I have big quantities of smart pills and two of my three little burr oak trees are nearly shreaded by a buck. On thursday i pulled out of my driveway and drove about 100 yds and pulled into Erics drive and two deer were laying in the neighbors yard. They jumped up and ran to the top of the hill and there they joined a third deer. I could not see any antlers on the two but the third I don't know about. Oh yea the joys of country living.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users