4 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

Here in Missouri we have several Wildlife Areas cared for by the Conservation Dept. They are much over looked places to hunt by all but a few aware of them. Of course they are public but they can offer some of the best hunting around. They are very well cared for, at least here, and most are open to archery hunting. Here they are also open to small game and turkey hunting and many offer Managed Hunts every year. Paul can tell you how nice Drury-Mincy is. It's my favorite place to hunt. 5,000 acres with food plots galore, creeks, ponds and springs everywhere, free camping and an outdoor archery range with targets provided at various yardages and even has elevated shooting stands. Any how the Wildlife Areas are well worth checking out and they can also provide you with a great place to hunt if you've nowhere else. A simple online search will tell you if your state has any close to you, along with each areas regulations and provisions such as camping and such.

Edited by Spirithawk, 10 November 2011 - 06:32 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

PA has nearly 1.5 million acres of state game lands along with state forests and national forests. Much of PA s northern half is wooded and unposted and still people complain of no place to hunt. Possibly because they can't drive their trucks into the food plots to hunt. Drury Mincy area is as near perfect a hunting place as you can get although a bit ticky.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

PA has nearly 1.5 million acres of state game lands along with state forests and national forests. Much of PA s northern half is wooded and unposted and still people complain of no place to hunt. Possibly because they can't drive their trucks into the food plots to hunt. Drury Mincy area is as near perfect a hunting place as you can get although a bit ticky.

The tics were just giving you a warm Ozark welcome my friend. I have it on good authority that they concidered you a delicasi. ;)

Edited by Spirithawk, 11 November 2011 - 07:57 PM.

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Maybe you are right. Guess they passed the word to the PA ticks. I have not been bitten but it was not for them trying many times. I use a permithrin product that stops them in their tracks.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

...sometimes the best places are the ones you (and others) drive by.

stop. look. listen.hunt.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users