2 replies to this topic

#1 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

i have a taurus 605, i have had it since december 2010. when i bought it i checked cylinder gap, and tightness by cocking and keeping my finger on trigger while lowering hammer once. all cylinder holes line up with barrel perfect and the gun is more accurate than i thought snubbies are supposed to be. there is no trouble firing or ejecting 38 or 357's, i was watching you tube earlier and a guy said to check each chamber for lockup tightness. i decided to check mine, 4 lockup with the welded to the frame strength but one has slight play. nothing back to front just a tad up - down as i try and turn the cylinder. i thought if one is tight all should be but i was wrong. what would cause one place to have movement?, and will it hurt anything? i sure would hate to send it in cause it works great and is my only handgun, but i don't want to hurt it or run into trouble in a defense situation. thanks for any help.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

First thing I'd ask is, how does it shoot?
Ever have the cylinder lock up or anything?

As I've found, Taurus wheel guns can be finicky.
Don't even ask me exactly what the problem is or what a potential fix may be.
But, as you know, I'm sure, they do have an unlimited lifetime repair policy.
So, sending it back is your first line.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

it shoots great and very accurate, it has a smooth single and double action trigger. it never binds up and really handles 357's very good, i guess it would be best to take the old advice( if it ain't broke don't fix it). i guess i'm just picky about some things, i'll probably just shoot it and hope everythings ok as the play is very small in the cylinder. i would hate to send it in and get it back in worse shape. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users