• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Saturday morning all of us could barely contain our excitement on PAs bear season. It is now Monday night and I can barely stay awake to tell you all that we did not see a bear. I occasionally see bears in other seasons but I have yet to see one during the season I can shoot one. Supposed to pour down rain tomorrow and all three of the things I really hate is hunting in the rain. Been there done that and can show the rust marks to prove it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:11 AM

:rofl: WEALLadmittin'we'sAGED? :rofl: Unfortunately, I'm there too. :(

#3 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

Had it in my mind to hunt bear today, woke up to rain went back to bed.:hunter:

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

When I have read an article about bear hunting in the rain it usually is not productive. Now once the rain clears up and immediately afterwards it might be the best time to be there.
From what experience I have had when it rained on my bear hunts no body in camp saw bear. On one of my bear hunts it started raining but once it stopped raining on that evening hunt a young one, maybe a yearing, showed up at the bait.
I'm not giving you all an excuse other than it really isn't like deer hunting in the rain. 3:) Bears like better weather to be in just like you do.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 25 November 2011 - 10:28 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Here in PA we are not permitted to use bait nor are we allowed to use dogs. Most places we have to hunt we cannot do much spot and stalk. The mountains here are tough to negotiate with all the rocks and blowdowns. Mostly it is a lot of luck and a little skill. Most PA bears are killed by pushes or as we call them, drives. Many times there are up to 25 guys participating as drivers, watchers and flankers. This sometimes includes all the way from the bottom to the top of the mountain. Our mountains are actually long ridge lines so a drive can go from 400 yds to miles. Hunting them alone is nearly all luck and little skill.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users