2 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

I was reading a discussion on another hunting forum about head shots. Some were against them, without realy saying why. Other's defended them. Mu take on them is this;

Here's my problem with head shots. Ya find a nice Buck, or any deer realy, that has starved to death because it's lower jaw has been shot off, or any part of it's face causing a long miserable death, and it sours you on head shots pretty dang quick! The head provides a much smaller target and is much more likely to move just as you pull the trigger. Just not an ethical shot to me period!

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

Have to agree with ya my friend. Head shots on a buck will definately alter the antler spread or have points shot off. The head most times is pretty much on the move making it a tough target. I did hit one buck in the head once but was not intending to. It dropped its head just as I shot and I hit it just around the eye dropping it in its tracks. It was a small 6 point and I cut the antlers out with just a pocket knife as both were attached to separated skull pieces.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

It is definatly not a very good shot. my uncle took a bad archery shot last year at a running doe, he hit her in the ear, went in one out the other. pretty insane. he said he blinked and didnt see her drop. went to look for his arrow thinking he had missed and found a dead deer..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users