• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

down in Texas on vacation seeing some family and killing some deer. hunted on my uncles small lease in north east texas. there is about 4 people regularly hunting this piece including myself. My uncles friend joe is the only other one who has bagged anything. he got a spike. We can kill 2 does and 2 bucks 1 of which can be a trophy.

So last sunday on my first morning hunt a spike came across the field right at daybreak, i couldnt tell whether he was a spike or not, and since we can only shoot does from thanksgiving until the sunday afterwards i was hesitant to take him. when i did finally see somthing above his head that wasnt ears, I let him have it. I dunked him, got him in the spine. so I went and picked him up and carried him back to the tree i was sitting under. (he weighed 60 lbs) it was only 5 minutes later when i spotted my big one. he was "alert" looking in my direction. i pulled up my binos and decided he was a shooter, he ran horizontal across the field. I pulled up my rifle to shoot, but no! blood had covered my lens from when i carried the spike back. while he just stood there i frantically cleaned the lens. when i was satisfied that i could see somewhat through it he started running. I said "mehhhhh" really loud and he stopped. I dunked him right there. tagged out on bucks in 15 minutes. I explained to the other guys that there are hunters, and gatherers. I said I am a hunter, and you all need to gather me a beer.... lmao!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

The does I shot the sunday morning after thanksgiving. I spotted them with the binos at around 285 yards, right after daybreak again. The funnest part of the does is I took them both with one bullet. they lined up and i took them both in the vitals. Funny thing is one of the other guys opted out of hunting where i was at both times i got my deer. They call the spot the tree of death, and yet he opted out both times... tagged out in 7 days!

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

Nice wish it was that easy here. LOL Congrats on the deer.
Semper Fi

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

You know you are in whitetail heaven when you can wait till they line up and get two with one shot. Congrats on the freezer filling hunt.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

You know you are in whitetail heaven when you can wait till they line up and get two with one shot. Congrats on the freezer filling hunt.

It was white tail heaven for me, but the rest of the guys havnt gotten anything but a spike. I saw bucks every day I went, one really nice one but i was already tagged on on bucks. one day I had a pig come in at liek 10 yards, missed him with my pistol... was shooting through thick brush. and then last saturday I had 3 bobcats come in.

#6 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

It was white tail heaven for me, but the rest of the guys havnt gotten anything but a spike. I saw bucks every day I went, one really nice one but i was already tagged on on bucks. one day I had a pig come in at liek 10 yards, missed him with my pistol... was shooting through thick brush. and then last saturday I had 3 bobcats come in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users