9 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

I scored a nice Doe opening day of our Muzzleloader Season. Shot her through both lungs at 18 yards hunting from the ground. She walked almost right up to me and never knew I was there. The Optima Pro .50 sure did it's job. She ran about 50 yards and dropped. I watcher her run, stop, and fall over. Dead when I got to her. The 245 grain Aerotip Power Belt did an excellent job. Though I didn't need it there was a very good blood trail that would have been a sinch to follow. She was a very healthy Doe with two inches, or more, of fat and weighed aprox 95 pounds, or more, field dressed. Pretty good eating too as we had venison stew that night. My bad ankle, the one I hurt in the ATV acident back in Sept., is still giving me trouble. It's now swollen to more than twice the normal size because I did so much walking instead of riding the ATV more. Not holding a grudge against the Honda Rancher, I just like to still hunt and I see way more deer that way. Hurts like heck today but between you and me it was well worth it. ;) Doctor told me it would be well over a year to heal. Guess maybe I should listen to him. Nahhhhh, Turkey Season opens in April! To top it off I got a very cool package from my best bud Paul today. Included was a Cherokee Cook Book! How cool, and a well thought gift, is that? Thanks Diganali ( Brother ) Tell Judy thanks too and hugs to you both. :)

Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 20 December 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Man that doe was an answer to prayer. I just felt bad not being there to help get her in for ya. My wife and I have been watching hawks for several years now both from our house and while on the road and each time I see one it makes me think of you. Saw one today on my way home and thought of you and how you were doing and here I find out you are doing even better than I expected. You are most welcome for the gift. When I saw it there was no option I had to buy it and send it to the one it belongs to. Hugs to you and Sammee and now you can relax and enjoy the season with a whole bunch of great meals.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

Man that doe was an answer to prayer. I just felt bad not being there to help get her in for ya. My wife and I have been watching hawks for several years now both from our house and while on the road and each time I see one it makes me think of you. Saw one today on my way home and thought of you and how you were doing and here I find out you are doing even better than I expected. You are most welcome for the gift. When I saw it there was no option I had to buy it and send it to the one it belongs to. Hugs to you and Sammee and now you can relax and enjoy the season with a whole bunch of great meals.

Thanks Diganali. :) I called Jason on my radio and he met me at the house. We got the ATV and it wasn't too bad lifting her onto the back rack. Man, she sure had some big back hams. I'll put that cook book to good use. ;)

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:47 AM

Congrats!!!
good shooting ole timer!

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

very nice job of muzzle loader shooting, Way to let them get close. That is a nice looking doe there. I bet the back straps are like candy.. Enjoy the venison.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#6 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

If you decide that you can't eat all of the meat let me know and send it my way! Congrats to ya!
BrandonT

#7 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

Way to go Norm. You are looking good to by the way my friend. Merry CHRISTmas and be sure to tell Phylis we send you our best. GOD bless my friend.

Steve

#8 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

Congrats, Norm. Enjoy. :boone:

#9 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

:clap: Congrats on a nice doe there Norm !
Posted Image

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

Thanks guys. Merry Christmas to you and your's. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users