6 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

Checked our trailcams this morning and found these pics on one. Check out the length of the eyeguards on this beauty! These were taken about 200 yards from my house. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Posted Image Why isn't it in your freezer, Norm? Not bad for a skinny southern deer. :P

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

Spot lighting deer in most States isn't legal. :P J/K Norm. Nocturnal bucks are the hardest to get to after the rut is over. But there is always next year.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Spot lighting deer in most States isn't legal. :P J/K Norm. Nocturnal bucks are the hardest to get to after the rut is over. But there is always next year.

Fred, these skinny deer are easier for me to drag out! ;)

Yep Rowdy, the pics were snapped at 8:18pm. We put out a mineral rock and the deer flocked to it like kids to a candy store. We are sure sold on how effective they are and will keep them out from now on. Also planning on a half acre food plot in the same are. We got lots of pics of buck and this guy is one of the nicer ones. What's nice is that I can walk right to where I hunt in less than 10 minutes from my door. :) Man I love living in the country. Wish you were close to hunt with me Bro. :) My son Jason's arm is so messed up from the ATV acident we had that he's having to sell his Mathews bow and get a crossbow, but we'll be after this guy next season one way or another. ;)

Edited by Spirithawk, 06 January 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

Just throw a lasso round them thar horns and keep him fed till I git thar. Thanks for the pics bro I am not seeing any bucks here during our flintlock season. Guess they all are nocturnal around here too. Eric and I are going out tomorrow for more trys.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

Just throw a lasso round them thar horns and keep him fed till I git thar. Thanks for the pics bro I am not seeing any bucks here during our flintlock season. Guess they all are nocturnal around here too. Eric and I are going out tomorrow for more trys.

Wishing you guys the best of luck Diganali (Brother). :) Our Archery Season ends the 15th. Jason's arm no longer straightens out and, though he has the strength to draw his bow, it's very painful. That sorrows me because he realy loves a more traditional bow and was such an excellent shot. The doctor's say it will never heal right due to the type of break. He'll make the best of things and get himself a crossbow. My ankle keeps swelling up so been staying close to the ATV. That's Karma for ya, having to rely on the very thing that hurt me in the first place! lol We have 4 trailcams out and lately the only daytime pics, deer wise, are of Does. The few Buck pics have been after dark. Diganali, you'd be drooling over all the turkey pics. This Spring and Fall both sure look promising. Where we are hunting there are at least 4 big flocks frequenting the area. Jason saw several all at once. Said he was trying hard not to bust out laughing because the hens from the differant flocks were driving the Toms crazy, the Tom's trying to keep their hens in their own groups. He said they were running in circles talking up a storm franticly chasing the hens. Man that would have been cool to have gotten on video wouldn't it? Ya know? It's things like that that nonhunters seldom, if ever, get to see or understand what it means, in so many ways, to us that do hunt.

Edited by Spirithawk, 06 January 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

We, Eric and I, have been out and about in most all of our old haunts and were really depressed about the very few turkeys or even turkey sign we have seen in a couple of the places that have traditionally held many birds. The farmer had planted corn on all the fields that abut the mountain ground but not much action there either. At our one spot across the valley we did see two flocks so there are plenty there. I was near heartbroken when my flintlock failed to spark on the doe the other day but then that is flintlock hunting.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users