4 replies to this topic

#1 GP@AZ

GP@AZ

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Hello guys and gals it has been awhile from my last visit, hope all are doing well. I have a 3d target question, I just purchased a Delta 3D target and am having great problems with arrow removal , does anyone know what I can use for easy arrow removal? For purchase or home remedy Thanks and God Bless

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

George I am not aware of any home remedy that allows easy arrow removal. There is a rubber wrap you can purchase or make yourself that gives you a better grip on the arrow. I believe that what the target is made of determines whether it is an arrow catcher or an arrow holder.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

GP I bought some teflon coated fieldpoints a few years ago and they helped in addition to the arrow puller Paul mentioned. I'll see if I can find a link to the fieldpoints. The arrow puller averages about $6.
Semper Fi

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

Found them. Trophy Ridge Slick Tips Midway USA has them 6 for $10. Not sure if they're the exact ones I have, because mine have a green band instead of black, but if they work as well as mine, I think you'll like them. Rhinehart targets pull easier than Delta and ALOT easier than Mckenzie if you can afford them. I've lost field points to Mckenzie before. Hope this info helps.
Semper Fi

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

Arrow lube is one product. A good arrow puller is a must for those target. I personally have bought a few and will not buy another one because the first hundred shots with field points is darn near impossible to remove the arrow. The one thing I did was to shoot with some broadheads. That broke up the spot enough to make arrow removal a bit easier. If you continue with the braodheads you'll end up buying another target. Buy a Rinehart the next time, much easier arrow reomoval and will hold up to field point shooting much better.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users