The State Of The Us Economy At A Glance

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

Warning: Not for those with a weak stomach!
US Economic Record Comparison From 2008 and Now
If you hover over the headings on the chart, you can click them to go to the resources that were used to compile the list. These were generally all legitimate government statistical websites such as the US Census Bureau site, the Bureau of Labor Services site, the US Department of Agriculture site etc.

Kind of makes the State of the Union Address a little less sparkly, huh? :(

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

I saw an Obama 2012 bumper sticker the other day and almost rammed the car. Well at least I was tempted to.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:45 AM

I saw an Obama 2012 bumper sticker the other day and almost rammed the car. Well at least I was tempted to.

Well after all ...it's Bush,s fault...like everything else !:P ...everyday the news just reconfirms the downward spiral of mankind as society moves further away from Biblical guidelines.
Posted Image

#4 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

We just need to tax the rich more. 8300 Americans earn more than 10 million dollars a year, that's shameful! They have a combined income of 240 BILLION dollars a year. Think of the revenue those taxes could generate! Too bad we can't take all their money, as 240 Billion dollars could run our country for like...........18 days. Oh, wait, thats not very long is it? Maybe taxing the rich more isn't the answer. Maybe it's not a taxing problem afterall, perhaps it's a spending problem. Perhaps if we spend less than we take in.....Nah, has to be more complicated than that,lol

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

Instead of taxing the rich more, how about taxing the rest of us less? :)

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

How about an equal basis tax reform so we all are on a level tax basis. And spend less at the same time. And put more folks to work so they can pay more taxes like we have seen in the past, more folks working means more taxes coming in.

Has your personal State of the Union changed for the worse?
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

How about, as Jeff eluded to, we stop spending like sailors on shore leave?

The Federal Government already takes in more than enough tax revenue. It simply must reign in spending the way that responsible citizens do when the bills coming in are higher than the amount you have in the bank. Continuing to just "charge it" (a.k.a. borrowing from China), the way irresponsible citizens do, is just scary. Sooner or later, it will be time to pay the piper. |(*,)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#8 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

I think the extremely wealthy can afford to pay in the same tax percentage I do. If not double...... I'm struggling and a billionaire pays in less than I do? I don't think that's fair. But we also have to think about "Bill" the drugdealer that has been on foodstamps for 10 years drives a new Lexus he paid cash for, makes 14k a year legitimately so he can keep the foodstamps, and how to expose fraud like that. We need someone in the Whitehouse that can cut spending where the waste is. We need to use the resources we have to pay off our national debt and become self-reliant. I saw a report that we have enough oil in the US to keep us supplied for 20 years we just have to drill and pump... We can mine diamonds in Arkansas, drill for oil in Alaska Texas, and the Gulf. Mine gold in Alaska and Califonia and America can become a superpower again.
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users