14 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

Yesterday the neighbor's two dogs, a Rott and a Pit Bull, came into my yard and went after my Boxer. He chased them back home, with me chasing him, and they got in a fight. The teen who owned the dogs was just standing there watching till I waded in to break them up. Then he ran inside and came out with a rifle going to shoot my dog. I informed him no he wasn't. I had gained control of my Boxer by then and walked him back home. I have serious heart trouble and started having bad chest pain. A trip to the ER showed I was having bad eratic heart beat. They got it calmed down but are keeping me as I am due surgery to replace the Mitral Valve. They're running teststo make sure I'm ok. Got me shot up with Morphine and I still feel like I was run over by a truck. All the medicine and blood thinner shots in my stomach has me pretty queasy. Wish me luck guys. See you all when I get home.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

Sounds like a good neighbor. Posted Image

Prayers, Norm.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

Take it easy and come home soon. Prayers sent.:yes:

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

Norm, when you get home i'd file a report with animal control because if his dogs had stayed home your dog wouldn't have chased them and this whole incident would not have happened. With your health issues you gotta be careful. Take care and keep us posted.
Semper Fi

#5 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Prayers sent Norm

P.S. take care eh
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#6 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Lifting You in prayer Norm.:pray:
Posted Image

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

That just tears me up brother. I have even been thinking of staying away this trip just so I do not give you any germs that would cause you to have any more physical problems than you already have. I would never forgive myself if that happened. On the other hand I really want to get together with you all cause I miss you. I am putting you on our church prayer list.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Best of luck to you! You should have shot both his dogs. With your medical condition, your lucky we didnt loose you trying to pull them off your dog from either your heart failing or them turning on you. It would have been justifiable. Especially with that punk not doing anything to control his dogs on your property. Once, I had my local K-9 unit tell me It would have been fine to shoot, when an old neighbors pitt chased me into my house while I was grillin hotdogs. If its on your land your ok. You'll be in my prayers.

Edited by Whitetiger, 04 February 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#9 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hey everyone, thanks for all the kind words. I'm doing much better. They said all the excitement just had my heart beating squirrely. Took quite a while to get it settled down. Probably because I was still upset! The tests came out better than expected. ( All the good prayers you guys sent. ) I still have to see a heart surgeon about the valve but will cross that bridge when I come to it. They're suppose to call me to let me know when. Some time in the next week or so. Good news is, he's suppose to be top gun at it and none better. I'm suppose to take things easy and no more getting between fighting dogs.
As to my Boxer, he's doing fine. Came out with a few war wounds but nothing that needed stitches, four scars on his face he wears proudly. Just so you know, and this for the anti gun folks too, I have a CCW Permit and had two handguns on me. A Kel Tec PF-9 and a Kel Tec P-32. Only once did I even let it be known I was carying. After I got control of my Boxer the kid kept saying how lucky I was he didn't shoot him. I had enough and told him, " No, it is you who are lucky! Had you shot my dog I'd have shot your's. Pointed it at me and you'd have been next! " Then I pulled up my shirt so he could see my 9mm. His eyes got great big and he turned such a prettyyyyy shade of green. :) So see? Just because I carry I'm not a Cowboy......just a very agitated Indian!
PS, While I was in the hospital my wife let the neighbors know, any time outside my Boxer will be on a leesh. For his sake not their dogs sake. Every time we take him out the first thing he does is hit a stance and scan the yard. He's still angry too! My wife told them if I see their dogs on my property again I'm shooting on sight!

Edited by Spirithawk, 05 February 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#10 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Glad to hear that you are OK. Thank you Lord! As for the cowboy thing here ya go.3:)

#11 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

Glad to hear you are OK Norm. :yes:
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#12 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

So glad to hear of your status. I cannot think of something worse than having to wade into a dog fight with those three breeds much less with someone standing there with a rifle. No wonder the heart rate was elevated. My heart rate went up just thinking about it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#13 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Man that was scary, glad to read your back amongst us. You take care and don't get you self in a strain like that.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#14 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Thanks, not particularly brave.....just dumb. ;) :lol: Having to take a Chemotherapy drug for a medical condition ( Not to worry not cancer) so plan on behaving myself for a while. :)

#15 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

Best of luck to you, bud. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users