14 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Got a package in the mail today. I finaly have the .50 barrel that I've long wanted for my T/C Encore. I bought it from a forum member on a gun forum I belong to. Brand new, never fired, with breech plug wrench, allen wrench for the sights, extended brass jag for the ramrod, breech plug grease and the owners manual. Shipped to my door in 3 days at $185.00! I already had a camo forearm so I'm set to go. Well kinda , going to buy a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn to slap on it. ;)

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Now that is the kind of medicine to make anyone feel better. Does the barrel just drop in or do you have to do any mods.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

They are realy easy to change. You take the forearm off which gives you access to the pin the barrel swivels on when you break it open. Push the pin out and the barrel comes right off. Slap the new barrel on, push the pin back in, add the apropriate forearm ( Centerfire, Muzzleloader, or Shotgun forearm ) and you're ready to go. :)

Boy Paul, I've wanted a .50 barrel ever since I won this rifle. Can hardly wait to get a scope on it and try it out. The barrels are just so dang expensive. The guy sure gave me an awesome deal. Well, I'm suppose to be taking things easy so I'm gonna lay in bed and read the Muzzleloader Owner's Manual. :)

#4 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Sweet deal Norm !:D
Posted Image

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Sweet deal Norm !:D

Thanks Phil. I realy love my Encore and am thrilled I can now use it Muzzy Season. Feel like a kid on Christmas morning. ;) Guess I'll be selling my Optima Pro. It's not a bad rifle but the Encore shoulders way better, at least for me. If I don't get a good offer on the Pro, thinking also of trading for a guitar, I'll just keep it. Got grandkids coming of hunting age. :) All my best to you and your's......Norm

#6 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

Spirithawk I am currently testing a scope you might want to consider. It would really let you push the limits of that rifle barrel. So far I have beat the devil out of the scope and it is holding true. Cabela's is having a sale on a 3-10x40 PowderHorn model with a BDC, made for muzzleloaders. With the BDC you could really do some long range shooting and that Encore barrel would be just the barrel to do it. The glass in the scope is excellent. It has 3.75 eye relief they claim, but I swear its more then that. A life time warranty. Great focus. And the powers move very easy. It also has one of them fancy scopes knobs, for adjustment if you know how to use them. The one draw back is it is 12.2 inches in length. Other then that.. for $49.99 it is a heck of a scope.

I mounted it on a Green Mountain Stainless Steel 1-28 twist barrel that fits a Renegade Stock. I have been throwing (over 80 rounds so far) 110 grains of powder loads and large bullets, trying to break it. So far it has been rock solid. Although the Bushnell Dusk to Dawn is a great scope... but you might want to go to Cabela's and take a look at this scope. I am thinking of getting another just to have around.

As for net reviews I have read.. some claim the scope is bad. Others claim the scope is the best they ever had. I think like this.. if you are unlucky and get a bad one.. you send it back to Cabela's until you get a good one.

And for what you paid for that barrel... what a deal !! A barrel like that could really shine with a good scope on it.

Edited by cayugad, 07 February 2012 - 11:02 AM.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Spirithawk I am currently testing a scope you might want to consider. It would really let you push the limits of that rifle barrel. So far I have beat the devil out of the scope and it is holding true. Cabela's is having a sale on a 3-10x40 PowderHorn model with a BDC, made for muzzleloaders. With the BDC you could really do some long range shooting and that Encore barrel would be just the barrel to do it. The glass in the scope is excellent. It has 3.75 eye relief they claim, but I swear its more then that. A life time warranty. Great focus. And the powers move very easy. It also has one of them fancy scopes knobs, for adjustment if you know how to use them. The one draw back is it is 12.2 inches in length. Other then that.. for $49.99 it is a heck of a scope.

I mounted it on a Green Mountain Stainless Steel 1-28 twist barrel that fits a Renegade Stock. I have been throwing (over 80 rounds so far) 110 grains of powder loads and large bullets, trying to break it. So far it has been rock solid. Although the Bushnell Dusk to Dawn is a great scope... but you might want to go to Cabela's and take a look at this scope. I am thinking of getting another just to have around.

As for net reviews I have read.. some claim the scope is bad. Others claim the scope is the best they ever had. I think like this.. if you are unlucky and get a bad one.. you send it back to Cabela's until you get a good one.

And for what you paid for that barrel... what a deal !! A barrel like that could really shine with a good scope on it.

Thanks my friend. I'll check it out. :)
Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 07 February 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

Oh man that rifle looks like my TC Contender on steroids. From your description barrel replacement is identical to the contender. I should have thought about that. It is one thing to look suspiciously stupid and quite another to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

#9 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

That is a fine looking rifle. And Encores are great shooters.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

That is a fine looking rifle. And Encores are great shooters.

Thanks. :) I checked out the scope you recomended. I agree, seems to be a great deal. However I was gifted with a Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn fixed 4 power. Can't beat free. ;) Shots here are almost always under 75 yards with most under 50 so a lot of folks prefer the 4 power in the heavy growth we have. Now I can hardly wait to sight it in. Yesssss, i promise to post pics when I do. lol

Here she be;
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

PUBLIC NOTICE TO ALL SOUTHERN MO DEER: Run for your lives spirithawk is a coming and he does not take prisoners except to the table for consumption. Go get em Norm.

#12 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

PUBLIC NOTICE TO ALL SOUTHERN MO DEER: Run for your lives spirithawk is a coming and he does not take prisoners except to the table for consumption. Go get em Norm.

Yeppers Paul, they had best watch out I got a serious taste for venison! ;)

#13 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

That is a nice looking set up. You're like my hunting situation, in MY woods, a long shot is 50 yards. There is a friend's farm I hunt the hay fields as the deer will come out right at dusk and wander around. There a shot could be 200 yards actually. But the way that rifle is set up.. the deer better be on guard. I will be looking forward to your range reports.

#14 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

You have good reason to be excited about getting some range time. Sure was good to talk with you on the phone too.

#15 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Norm's thinking. Even if he makes a miss, it will be on the table. ................ Smoked. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users