6 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Went to a gun show today and since I bought a .50 barrel for my Encore I no longer needed my CVA Optima Pro so I took it with me to sell or trade. Had a little interest in it but not much at first. Was getting ready to leave when I spotted something I liked. Well, long story short I traded the rifle for this Uberti Colt Waker .44 and got a bit of cash to boot. I always wanted a Walker and they are bringing $400 on Gun Broker so I think I made a pretty good deal. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here it is next to my 1860 Colt Old Army .44 for size comparison. The Old Army has a 7 1/2 inch barrel. The Walker is the most powerful black powder revolver ever made. Look at the differance in the size of the two cylinders though both are .44's. Basicly the Walker was the original .44 mag. Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 20 February 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Way to go Norm. Looks good. Now you have another gun to get sighted in.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Paul. To give you an idea of what a beast the Walker is here's the specs;

The Colt Walker holds a powder charge of 60 grains (3.9 g) in each chamber, more than twice what a typical black powder revolver holds. It weighs 4½ pounds (2 kg) unloaded, has a 9-inch (229 mm) barrel, is 15.5 inches long and fires a .44 caliber (0.454 in, 11.53 mm diameter) conical and round ball.

If I miss with my Encore I can shoot the deer with this. Or if I wanna save a bullet I can just hit a deer over the head with it! Posted Image I read that back in the day they could ride up alongside a buffalo, shoot it, and the bullet would go clean through the buffalo! They usualy carried two Walkers in saddle holsters on their horses. A new barrel for my Encore and now this? I feel like Christmas came early. Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 18 February 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Nice trade, Norm. Now you have a little deer getter. I shot a friends Walker, and it was accurate and a whole bunch of fun.

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

Nice trade, Norm. Now you have a little deer getter. I shot a friends Walker, and it was accurate and a whole bunch of fun.

Thanks! :) Yeppers my friend, I think it would be very cool to take a deer with it. At the ranges we shoot here it is very doable too. ;)

#6 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

A very nice trade there. I know one person that has the same revolver as you do. He shoots 40 grains of 3f powder and a roundball. He said it is very accurate also. That sure is a big old horse of a pistol. Keep us posted when you shoot it.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

A very nice trade there. I know one person that has the same revolver as you do. He shoots 40 grains of 3f powder and a roundball. He said it is very accurate also. That sure is a big old horse of a pistol. Keep us posted when you shoot it.

Thanks, I'll do that. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users