• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Our camp's yearly game dinner turned into a surprize 70th birthday gathering to honor PaRidgeRunner. The smile on Paul's face was priceless as he was ushered in to 34 folks singing Happy Birthday. After a feast of KS Whitetail, CO mule deer T-loins, WY antelope BBQ....and tons of side dishes, we had a special B-day cake. It was a Banana cake (to ward off leg cramps) in the shape of a huge compass with an emphasis of Paul's directional sense by featuring "N" at all compass points. He endured a small "roasting" then was presented with a "Living Portrait" of camp scenes proving that Spring Gobbler season is just around the corner. We even hooked him up with a short phone call to Spirithawk.
Great evening of fun & fellowship !Posted Image

*btw...our own jgabel proved to be an awesome picture frame!Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

It was a pleasure getting to wish Paul a Happy Birthday. Just sorry our connection was lost and I hope he got to hear me. It was particularly great hearing the excitement and happiness in his voice. You all did a very nice thing for a very nice person. I can't thank you enough for letting me be a part of it. Wish I could have been there.

Happy Birthday Paul. I hope it was the best one ever and wish you many more Diganali. :)

#3 Hungry Horse

Hungry Horse

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Phil, great way to honor a good man. You central Pa guys are good people.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

Happy birthday Paul Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

It was the best 70th birthday I ever had. I recall when I was just a young lad if someone was over 50 they were ancient. I guess by my own thought I have arrived at ancient. I still get out there and hunt as much as possible I just do it a tad slower than I used to but then again that isn't all bad either. I thank our camp gang for a great evening of fun and fellowship.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

Glad that you all got together and had a great time. Of course you know that you woke me up early from that blinding glare off of that cake. I thought that I had slept until noon!Posted Image

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Thanks RG Thank goodness we did not have all 70 candles on that cake. By the time #70 would have been lit 1 through 10 would have burned down to the frosting.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users