• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

http://gizmodo.com/5...alf-as-accurate I would love to shoot one at a range. I would imagine that with both barrels firing, the recoil might be substantial

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

That sure is some firepower. I agree the recoil may be a little disturbing. My son brought a Ruger 1911 in 45 cal down on Saturday and we had fun shooting it man that is one accurate semi auto.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

I used to carry a Colt Combat Commander .45 acp as an off duty rig. Believe me, you don't need double barrels with a .45. You hit center mass and that person, unless wearing body armor is going down. That double barrel thing.. while interesting to see and probably a hoot to fire, just is not necessary.

Talk about someone shooting a .45 ACP. I was at a public range one afternoon. I had a friend that reloaded for me, so I was able to practice a lot. And the range attendant and I had a little deal worked out for brass from .45 colts and .357 magnums.. Anyway, I had my Commander out and was doing some combat shooting. There was an older gentleman watching me. He seemed fascinated in my pistol. So.. I asked him if he wanted to shoot it. Man ... the smile on his face was amazing. So he steps up, and takes that colt of mine and just about drills a hole in the 10 circle. Turns out he was a retired Marine Firearms Instructor that specialized in Handguns. Now that man could shoot!! And he showed me a few tricks that really improved my game as well.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users