2 replies to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Where I stumbled upon & harvested my big buck last year, I've been wanting to scout out this spring. He was in a public park I get a permit to archery hunt in. This wooded area, is split in 3rds (private property, my township land which is open to archery only hunts by permit & the next township which doesnt allow hunts. Well there was just a 2 acre brush fire back there. Weather pending I'll be out scouting it. If its on the other township property, when it grows back in, it'll be a great bedding area, but until then it'll be a great browsing area with fresh growth. Its a really rocky area on the side of a small mountain, primarily oak with thick understory of spicebush. Early archery is tough here because of the dense understory. Cant wait to take the gps out for a walk before it gets to thick again.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Take in the day and enjoy it. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Scouting is always a good idea especially before things get all summer grown in. You might see old rubs and trails better now than in June July or August. You can make a game plan for playing the wind now better to. If you can see if can find a good map of the area so you can strategies away before the season starts. Have fun.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users