• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

I've now put close to 1200 rounds through the Sig Sauer. Not one failed to feed. I have had three fail to fire. But those rounds failed to fire out of my Taurus Revolver as well. I think they were just bad rounds.

Since buying the Sig Sauer, I have put a red dot on it. While accurate and fun to shoot that was not doing it for me. So I put a Nikon 1x20mm scope on it. Wow!! what a difference. Deadly accurate.. and just a rock solid rifle.

Posted Image

I have ordered a BSA 4x30mm Tactical rifle scope with a mil-dot cross hair. On the recommendation of a person who's opinion I greatly respect. That will go on the rifle next.

Today the 26 round Black Dog Magazines came. Wow can you go through 50 rounds fast. Just a lot of fun. And accuracy with that 1x scope .. I was shooting the little spinner targets at 36 yards. I was ringing a steel plate at 60 yards. And just to see what would happen.. I took the lid from a one gallon paint can. I set that up at 100 yards. From a bench position I took three shots at it. And it fell over. When I inspected the lid, one hit was about two and a half inches from the other two hits. The two main hits were dead center in the can lid and about three quarters of an inch apart. For a 1x scope.. that was pretty good for me.

If blowing off $20.00 worth of .22 shells don't bother your wallet in a day... this is just a super fun rifle to shoot. It is also easy to clean. I really like this rifle. It has found a home.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#17 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Wow is right.

Most impressive, my friend. Posted Image

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#18 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

I ordered a 4x30mm BSA Tactical Scope with the mil-dot cross hairs from Amazon.Com for my Sig Sauer 522. Well it came today. So I had a choice.. mow the lawn or shoot a rifle with a new scope. After a very hard decision.. the rifle won out.

Posted Image

There the little rifle is... the scope is not too bad. For $43.00 and that came with a mount for my SKS and all the tools to put the thing on, and the rings... I guess what do you expect. The scope is pretty clear. I have seen better. But for the money not bad. The parallex is set at 100 yards. Which kind of surprised me. The controls were very easy to understand and figure out once you read the instructions.

Posted Image

So I got a target and set it at 25 yards. I mean after all this is a .22 rifle right. And discovered it was not dead on.

Posted Image

it was shooting low and to the right. So I made gentle adjustments until I had it hitting the bulls eye.

Posted Image

then I loaded 10 rounds and checked to make sure it was hitting in the bulls eye. I was pleased with that group.

After that I gave the spinner targets a real bad time. Just set the hair and squeeze. And away they would go. The 50 yard plate was easy. Almost too easy. So I had some canned goods that went bad on me. You know.. you buy the stuff on sale.. put it in a cupboard for approximately 10 years and the stuff is no good. So I set a little can of tomato paste out at 100 yards. Held dead on the can and hit high on the can just under the lip. Next time I held the bottom of the can and hit dead center. So it shoots a little high for some reason at 100 yards.

Then I set the cans up again, and shot free standing. Out of a 9 round magazine I hit two cans at 100 yards. And one had to be from spray because I was shooting fast. But over all it sure beat mowing the lawn...Posted Image
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#19 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

That sure is some fun shooting. That reminds me I too need to get out some firepower and burn some powder and time.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#20 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Its funny but if I go to long without hitting the range.. I feel cheated. Like for instance I am now working on cutting firewood.

Posted Image

I have a second row almost the same size that I have cut, split and stacked. All that wood lasts me about three years, so once I am done with it.. I get to play more.

Posted Image

As you can see.. I have the wood room filled. Now its time to fill the wood shed. And let me tell you.. getting old is no fun. I used to go out there and cut and split all day.. Now I last about five hours and am so tired, I can hardly walk back to the house. But I will get it done.

Yesterday I knew the scope was coming. So I got up early and cut, split and stacked four trailer loads (about four face cord). I was all done in, when the mail woman (yes I don't have a mail man) came in with the scope. I was going to cut the lawn next.. but saw that scope and thought.. what the heck. After I shot and cleaned the rifle, I was sitting there in the house and felt so guilty about not doing the lawn, I went out and cut the grass.

I am tempted to take today off and just have fun. Plus I have to go to Wal Mart and get some prescriptions filled. Man I hated going to that store.

#21 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

Yes doing wood sure keeps one off the range. Been doing that myself my sympathies.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#22 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Tough decision to make. Cool rifle you got. Looks like and FN-FAL
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#23 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Posted Image

the other day I took a piece of laminate flooring 8x11-1/2 shot a hole in the top of it, then hung it on a nail at 100 yards. I should have put a aiming point on it, but I didn't. Instead, I used the mil dot cross hairs of the 4x30mm scope to what I thought was center of the board, and shot from a bench rest. That is a 25 & 9 shot magazine. And I might add I was not shooting real slow, but not fast until later that is. Over all I was happy with how well that shot .22 on a windy day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users