9 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

I didn't think I'd get to turkey hunt this year due to having to make a trip to my daughter's but the trip got delayed a couple days so I got to hunt opening day at least. Luck was with us and Jason and I scored our third double. My health is such that each hunt may easily be my last so this one meant a lot to us. Life can be rough but it sure beats the alternative. ;) Here's the result of our adventure. Due to a very early Spring the birds were on the tail end of breeding and would readily gobble but were reluctant to come in. Both these birds came in together and were very caucious but perked right up when they saw the decoys. Got them just across the road from my house. Only thing that would have made it better would have been my Diganali Paul being there with us. :) We had smoked turkey breast, injected with Cajun butter & herb marinade, for dinner that night.

Oh, my daughter is due to have a baby girl any day now. :)

Jason's weighed 23lbs, 1 1/2 spurs, 11" beard. Mine weighed 22 lbs, 11 1/2" beard, 1 1/4" spurs

Posted Image

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

Just had to beat Jason somehow huh? LOL Congrats Norm.

Edited by TerryfromAR, 03 May 2012 - 05:24 AM.

Semper Fi

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Good shooting you two. I hope that hunt did your health some good SpiritHawk. Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

Congrats on the double, you two. Good that you got out, Norm. Keep up the good work, cause at our age to go any distance for anything is work. Posted Image

#5 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

Awesome Norm !Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Spirithawk you just continue to amaze me. Congratulations on your birds. Sure hope you took it easy. Have you been to Virginia yet?
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Thanks Diganali. Yep, been there and back. Sameeee is still there but I had to come back early. The heart surgeon wanted some very important tests as it looks like he'll be replacing my Mitral Valve. My daughter had her baby today and both baby and mom doing well. Here's my new grand-daughter with her older sisters;

Alyssa Denise. Born at 4:31 at 7 lbs, 14 oz., 21 inches long

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 07 May 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

So glad that things are going well for all. Please give that little one a gentle hug for me and Judy. Aah life is good when grandchildren are around. Wild turkey hunting does the heart good as well as grandchildren so your current medicine seems to be good.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#9 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Norm congrats on being a Grandpa again. If the tests are good, and the surgeon does the Mitral Valve replacement think it might get ya out there chasin' the grandbabies a bit more? Posted Image ing that you get to have the surgery done and that the long term prognosis isn't just good but excellent.
Semper Fi

#10 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

Two turkeys and a grand daughter. You have had a fine day!
Your eye in the northeast sky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users