3 replies to this topic

#1 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

i recently got a hogue pistol grip for my pardner pump, i'm gonna use it hiking and camping in the woods for protection. i put a nice padded sling on it and it rides nice across my back, but i have seen some scabbards on ebay and have wondered about them. would they make it easier to carry my gun?, and how good are they about carrying and are they durable? i've never seen nobody with one and thought i would ask, i've also thought of the price which is $30-50 and thats alot of ammo there too, since my sling works good but if the scabbard would be better i'll probably get it. thanks for any help.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

Something to think about is the accessability of your shotgun when and if it would be needed. If you need to use the gun as a protection device would it be quickly available. Such things as bear attacks come very quickly and with little advance notice. Take it from one that nearly got charged a couple of years ago that it started out at close quarters and I had my shotgun in hand and was very thankful for that. As it turned out no firepower was needed but if my gun were enclosed in a scabbord and not readily accessable it could have been a much more frightening experience.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

thats what i've been thinking as well, how fast can i get it out of a scabbard? i've got pretty good at hitting up to 30yds which is my limit in a self defense role, if the 4 legged or 2 legged vermin keep their distance then we all get home happy. but when a attack does occur i would want my gun fast, never used or known anyone who did own a scabbard so i don't know how fast i could get my gun out. and i don't want to spend money for it unless it works when i could use ammo. thanks

#4 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

i won an auction and got one for $20, for that price its worth a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users