• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

Nine years ago today I was in an accident that put me in a coma for weeks and changed my life forever. I had to re-learn how to walk, talk, dress myself, feed myself...

Now I'm playing guitar again. Starting to get my singing voice back. And doing some things around the house. I still have some problems but I've got a life. Today is the day I reflect on how much I have to thank God for.
Posted Image

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

HE works miracles every day. We just have to know where to look.
Semper Fi

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

I remember like it was yesterday. The "ball of fire" was extinguished from the old S.O.T.H. forum for a good while. When you came back I couldn't even believe the story you had to tell.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but your situation has had a big impact on my own life. Prior to your accident, I really knew of very few people who "came back" in that type of coma situation. I guess you could say I was a, "Go ahead and pull the plug." person. Well, your life changed my outlook. In no way was what you went through (and still go through) a "good thing". (I'm not one who believes that tragic things have to happen to good people sometimes to "teach lessons". But, I digress.) But, I have been able to point to your situation on numerous occasions whenever subjects such as "living will" comes up, for example. I know what I want and I know what I want for my family.

Anyway, enough of my babbling. In lieu of saying "Happy Anniversary", I think I'll just say thank you for being here.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

They were a day away from discussing pulling the plug on me. I was totally unresponsive and had a Glasgow Coma score of 3 (that's lowest that scale goes, the same score as if you are dead).

Almost every prediction made about my future was proven wrong. God's hand was in it. There is no doubt.
Posted Image

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Leo i hold you in high esteem. You have a constitution like very few others. You are right God's hand was in it. He has something for you to do yet. Keep a positive attitude and your eye open.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users