• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

Eric and I yesterday scored a double but not quite what you may think. We went to our camp and arrived at 5:30. We walked quietly to one of our favorite spots only a couple of minutes away and heard a gobble just over a little hump and very close. We sneaked about 20 yds toward it and set up. I gave a very soft call with my trusty old Lynch box call and got a booming response. The next gobble was from above us on a road to our first landing food plot. The next gobble indicated he was moving away from us so I hit the call again and he came back but hung up on the road above us. We used the oldest trick in a turkey hunters book to get him to show himself, we scratched the leaves and he came into view but stopped where neither of us could get a good shot. He needed to take a step. When he did take that step it was a running step and the next step he was in the air. Eric shot first and my shot was a split second later as it just started to fall. I had squeezed the trigger too far to let off. We both shot the same bird and a dandy he was. He has 1 1/8 long curving hooks and a 9 1/2 inch paint brush beard but being a deep woods bird he weighed about 17 1/2 pounds. We figured he was at least a 3 year old bird. It was the only one we heard yesterday. Got a few pics but they are still in the camera but will try to post them when uploaded.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Paul congrats, not often 2 people can say they shot the same bird within a second of each other, my only question is who used a tag? LOL
Semper Fi

#3 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

good shooting to the both of ya. I have yet to bag my 2 birds and time is running out. I really haven't put much effort into it either.

Steve

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

Since Eric shot first and I saw it tip just as I shot it is Erics turkey. It has nothing at all to do with me being able to hunt more, no not at all. It is not Tuesday morning and it rained Since Sunday night till this morning and we are near flooded out so me and my gun stayed home again today.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

:shock: Man! You have tough birds down there! You have to kill em twice. He would have only weighed 15# if he wasn't packing all that shot. :whistle: :p Way to go you two.

#6 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

A two for.

Pictures?
Your eye in the northeast sky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users