Photo

Best Catfish Bait Rigging Tool Ever. I Invented This 50 Years Ago.

Catfish rods reels lures tackle boats motors fuel lake river

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 willcfish

willcfish

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Make your own bait rig.

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

Definately a neat video..... I use shad alot while fishing for cats so I may have to make one of your rigs...
Semper Fi

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

Another thing you can use is one of those cheap dollar store screwdrivers. Just file a notch in the end to catch the leader loop and you're done.
Posted Image

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Leo that's another good idea.... Hadn't thought of that one... what size are you talking about? it would have to be a smaller one I'm sure, but I'd like to know the specific size.
Semper Fi

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

That's a great piece, thanks.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

Neat video. A carburator screwdriver would give you the length that you need, and is fairly thin, Terry. I made myself a great big stainless steel needle with a notch cut in it to pull the 60# leader wire through the herring and other things that I use for bait. Catfish. :)- I'm jealous.

#7 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

RedGreen well, I'm gonna be off for a while, if you wanna head down this way in say 3 weeks I bet I can put you on some...... They're the most plentiful fish we have here. Catch a couple dozen shad, put them on a spinning reel with #50 test... and pull them in hand over fist.. LOL
Semper Fi

#8 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Leo that's another good idea.... Hadn't thought of that one... what size are you talking about? it would have to be a smaller one I'm sure, but I'd like to know the specific size.

1/8" x 6" Terry.

Like this one.
http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B004UNG9MQ

The one WillC posted how to make will work for certain. This is just an alternative if you want to make one fast.

BTW, I suggest a Dremel to cut the slot. Screwdriver shafts are usually hardened.
Posted Image

#9 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Leo, I got a cutoff wheel.. :evil: Just have to be careful not to go too deep LOL
Semper Fi

#10 willcfish

willcfish

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the info. I never thought of a carburator screwdriver. I'll give that a try myself.  :tsk:

#11 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

That is what I love about these websites, the sharing of information.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Catfish, rods, reels, lures, tackle, boats, motors, fuel, lake, river

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users